Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    kid
    kid is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Lightbulb Looking for some input

    Hey all, I've been having this idea for some time now and thinking to try my luck going for it primarily as an affiliate. Although, even if igaming is my vertical and know the industry very well, I'm not too sure I could navigate this efficiently. That's due to a combination of lack of experience running an affiliate site and limited time. My idea is towards a site focused on providing match analyses during/after matches; obviously AI-generated but not the kind you'd get by simply prompting any LLM's out there. It involves some sophisticated data wrangling, so that the output is insightful, high quality reviews with correct data. Users won't interact in any way to generate anything, just presented with the articles. The immediate advantage of this is that I can have fresh content on the fly and running fully automated.

    While I have thought of a short-term plan on how to spread the word, I'm far from a seo expert and it's not that I want to become a marketeer. Would you advise that I need to team up with someone experienced? I'm ok starting it on my own and not seeing any short term results, but also don't really want to waste my time. I feel like I could pull it off myself but that would probably come after many mistakes and combined with the lack of time to focus on it, I would most likely let it go early.

    A key assumption here is that people still like devoting some time to read. I know pre-GPT there were companies offering AI-generated sports articles but this seems to have died down. On the other hand, sites like props.cash that have been prominent seem to bombard the user with too much data. My assumption is that my site could be complimentary to such services and attract pure sports fans. But according to your experience has textual match content become outdated?

    In any case, assuming the site has some traction and validates the idea, other than direct affiliate income I wanted to inquire about the plausibility of the following:

    a) Selling said articles to other affiliates/sports news sites. Does it sound interesting/useful to you?
    b) 'Licensing' it for others to run another instance. As in, same website all provided; you run e.g .kr in korean for the kr market
    c) Selling to aff network
    d) Selling ad space -- for this and the former, what kind of traffic would get attention?
    e) Legally capitalizing on the user list as an asset

    any input is appreciated, thanks

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,987
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    a) My suggestion is to decide to either be an affiliate or an article seller.

    b) As for licensing of your own brand, while that could be a viable option in the future, unless you already have a well known and established brand, with a brand name awareness, IMO can't see that being a very good option at all.

    c) Selling what to an aff network? (traffic? ) If your traffic is worth anything, becoming a viable affiliate yourself is likely a better option.

    d) Selling ad space, ties in a little to other answers such as, unless you have a brand that is generating much traffic already, while you might sell a little bit of adspace, becoming a viable affiliate yourself is likely a better option.

    e) Capitalizing on a user list is a good option no matter what. However selling the list is a bad choice. Unless your terms of service states you plan on selling the emails, it could harm your brand. Regardless, if you want to capitalize on the customer list becoming a viable affiliate yourself is likely a better option.

    In the end, becoming a viable affiliate yourself is likely the very BEST option. If the site does well and generates traffic and signups for your match content etc, clearly they may well be a good prospect for sending to various bookies etc.

    Keep in mind, while bettors might want to read about yesterday's match, or this last month's matches with some analysis, the reason they would find it attractive, is to make intelligent choices for TOMORROWS match so they can bet on a winner.

    You may find more answers and suggestions throughout the gpwa by digging through the threads and forums as these types of similar discussions have been taking place here for 20+ years.

    Also there are a handful of regular posters here that run tipster and match analysis type sites that could make more suggestions.

    Just in case I forgot to say it, becoming a viable affiliate yourself is likely a better option.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (15 August 2025)

  4. #3
    kid
    kid is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hi Rick, thanks for the reply. All noted. I don't make such a hard distinction between being an affiliate and selling those articles, obviously each needs separate time investment and the former would be the primary focus but just thinking about it. In any case, could you give me an estimate of a standard cost for buying/selling articles? Lots of factors involved, but just a ballpark estimate would be nice. Also, according to your experience, is there a preferred length for articles you've noticed works best?

    The space is flooded with tipster/preview type of websites and while I wouldn't call it a fraud, it's misleading as there is no predictive power there. Hence, even if that sort of content might work best, my intentions do not align with that. Just speculation but I believe game summary/analyses on the spot for example Q1,Q2,HT,Q3,Q4,post-game in basketball is a more unique spin. Whether that content can bring traffic or can convert visitors to sportsbook users will only be seen in practice.

    Thanks

  5. #4
    kid
    kid is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Forgot to mention, what is your take on doing this solo or teaming up with someone more experienced?

  6. #5
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Sounds like your not incredibly experienced in this market and are looking for help making an impact and profit in any way. Most people with success don't want a partner looking for that type of information so that is not a good focus. Also building a brand will take years unless you stumble upon a google boost from nowhere. Selling articles seems to be the best route but you mention not a big SEO expert so that is a bit of a negative against that path as well but seems the most realistic.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:

    NoDepositCasinos (20 August 2025), xecutable (17 August 2025)

  8. #6
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Can you elaborate on "match analyses during/after matches"


    I'm reading those as two different things, appealing to 2 different sets of readers:

    During matches : (if you can make it work) would appear to appeal to in game punters/ traders.

    After matches : suggest most punters don't/wouldn't care, post match data/reviews more likely to appeal to proper fans/team followers (but note, there's a small chance that post match, easily generated (but highly accurate) summaries might be useful to the sorts of sites that currently cover match previews/predictions, but even if they saw it the way I do (which I won't explain here) it's doubtful they'll pay much.


    The question is asked because to make any sort of worthwhile $s, you'll likely need to know your audience.

  9. #7
    kid
    kid is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    @allfreechips you make it sound like I'm begging for something. I don't understand this passive aggressive approach and your statements just jump to the wrong conclusions

    @chaumi I don't see the utility distinction for punters between live and post-match. In honesty, for someone that knows what they're doing this is absolute rubbish and holds no predictive power. In any case you wouldn't want to onboard this type of punters if you're on rev share and those are the small minority anyway. Other punters that fool themselves by looking at multiple mean graphs and consume mainstream media, I don't see why they wouldn't care for some textual data. I agree that core sports fans would find it more appealing but also suspect that those would convert easier, as the former most likely already max out all welcome bonuses.

    More specifically regarding during/after, I have tested post-match summaries and seems to work as expected. 'During' wouldn't be live at any time t, but rather as I mentioned earlier (but my post got approved after yours) it would be for basketball Q1 summary right after Q1, for Q2, HT, Q3, Q4 etc.. Same approach as post-game.

    In any case, thanks for the input

  10. #8
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 485 Times in 399 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kid View Post
    Hey all, I've been having this idea for some time now and thinking to try my luck going for it primarily as an affiliate. Although, even if igaming is my vertical and know the industry very well, I'm not too sure I could navigate this efficiently. That's due to a combination of lack of experience running an affiliate site and limited time. My idea is towards a site focused on providing match analyses during/after matches; obviously AI-generated but not the kind you'd get by simply prompting any LLM's out there. It involves some sophisticated data wrangling, so that the output is insightful, high quality reviews with correct data. Users won't interact in any way to generate anything, just presented with the articles. The immediate advantage of this is that I can have fresh content on the fly and running fully automated.

    While I have thought of a short-term plan on how to spread the word, I'm far from a seo expert and it's not that I want to become a marketeer. Would you advise that I need to team up with someone experienced? I'm ok starting it on my own and not seeing any short term results, but also don't really want to waste my time. I feel like I could pull it off myself but that would probably come after many mistakes and combined with the lack of time to focus on it, I would most likely let it go early.

    A key assumption here is that people still like devoting some time to read. I know pre-GPT there were companies offering AI-generated sports articles but this seems to have died down. On the other hand, sites like props.cash that have been prominent seem to bombard the user with too much data. My assumption is that my site could be complimentary to such services and attract pure sports fans. But according to your experience has textual match content become outdated?

    In any case, assuming the site has some traction and validates the idea, other than direct affiliate income I wanted to inquire about the plausibility of the following:

    a) Selling said articles to other affiliates/sports news sites. Does it sound interesting/useful to you?
    b) 'Licensing' it for others to run another instance. As in, same website all provided; you run e.g .kr in korean for the kr market
    c) Selling to aff network
    d) Selling ad space -- for this and the former, what kind of traffic would get attention?
    e) Legally capitalizing on the user list as an asset

    any input is appreciated, thanks
    If your time is limited and you don’t have much experience, I’d focus on one or two things at most and, once those are going, think about other options. I’m not questioning your skills, I just think it’s the best way to actually see results.

    Regarding your questions:
    a) Yes, it’s a feasible possibility, but unless your articles are exceptional and you already have a reputation to back you up, keep in mind that the income may not be the best. Of course, it depends on several factors.

    b) I wouldn’t do it. I see many potential issues and little to no advantage.

    c) I didn’t quite understand what you want to sell. If it’s traffic, I’d rather direct it to your own projects.

    d) I see this more as a future option, when your affiliate site is running, has consistent traffic flow, and you know your audience well enough to make a good deal.

    e) Your user list is one of your most valuable assets, so I’d use it across different projects without selling it to third parties.

    As a side note, I agree that match predictions aren’t precise and experienced punters know that. However, many still consume them because it’s a way to confirm their own opinions, reduce anxiety before a match, or simply because they enjoy reading them. So I wouldn’t rule them out completely unless it’s for personal reasons (as you mentioned, if it doesn’t align with what you want to do).
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  11. #9
    gabornagy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Location
    Szeged
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    About income, from what I've seen on similar projects, most of the profit usually comes from your own affiliate system, where users interested in the content click on partner links. Selling articles or licensing might bring in some extra money, but until the site has a stable audience, this is usually minimal, so don't count on it. It's better to pick one thing and focus on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •