Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default Micro Casinos are out of the USA

    Affiliates already know this. Some are allowing existing players to play. Some are not.

    While I have great relationships with Micro affiliate managers, and I understand that there was no choice in this matter, I must make a living.

    I wish you the best of luck targeting other parts of the globe, however, I will NOT abandon usa players!

    I will continue to strive to bring the best casinos to our USA players!

  2. #2
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    My current offer for US players consists of:

    Casino Coins, Club World, Mainstreet, Superior Share and, since today, 7aff.com. I am on the look out for some more. After more than a year I am again getting US players and now this BS!

  3. #3
    Skinski's Avatar
    Skinski is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Conway , S.C.
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 288 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I will NOT abandon usa players!

    I will continue to strive to bring the best casinos to our USA players!
    You have my utmost respect .

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skinski For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 November 2008)

  5. #4
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    As a poker portal, we are focusing on FullTilt, Stars, several Merge rooms, Bugsy's Club, Cake and Doyle's Room (Microgaming, but they haven't pulled the plug yet) to service our American players.

    There was a rumor late last week that Doyle's was moving to Cake or Merge network so they could retain their US player base. Nothing confirmed on this though...

    We have been looking at other US friendly brands but the pickings are slim. Other than more Cake or Merge rooms, there really aren't many options available.

    For American players using Mac computers, there are only Tilt, Stars and Bugsy's to choose from at this time.
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  6. The Following User Says Thank You to thepokerkeep For This Useful Post:

    Chips (10 November 2008)

  7. #5
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Although I started some new sites to target other areas, they are far from done.

    I am looking at my sites and are at a loss on what to do. I do know I want them usa friendly.

  8. #6
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    It is a bit of a double edged sword though... or maybe triple edged...

    One one hand - you want the sites you promote to allow folks in your home country (where naturally, you find the most visitors come from).

    On another... Microgaming has some of the best casinos IMO... both software and reputation. Hard to not include these on the website.

    And last... With the uncertainty in the US legal environment, I dont want to scream that I seek out companies which service the US. I worry that some lawyer will twist that into aiding and abetting when that is not my intention. I always keep opportunities for the entire world - leaving it up to the players to decide if it is legal where they live.

    Not to mention - when the legit guys leave the market, that leaves opportunity to rogues to gain a level playing field... which will further damage the reputation of the industry.

    I hope we look back in a few years and realize the folly in all this. C'mon folks - let's legitimize the industry with proper oversight and regulation. There are millions of tax dollars to be won! Before all this started in 2004 I seem to recall the US market being 6 billion of 12 billion globally!
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •