BetsGalore is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Odds Comparison Integration with Own Affiliate Links

Hi guys,

I will try my best to explain what i'm looking for.

Question 1

I would like to post a bet on Facebook with my own affiliate link that would go straight to that exact market with the bookie of my choosing.

Example:
    Rooney To Score First Vs Newcastle Market

So instead of putting up my own affiliate link that would land on the "Sign-Up" page I would like it to go directly to the Rooney to score first market.

Is this possible?
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Question 2

Is it possible to integrate an Odds Comparison Widget on my site that would show "Best Bets" that would direct to the specific bet via my own affiliate link.

Similar to this below?

I hope I am explaining myself correctly and would be very grateful for any help

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,954 Times in 5,018 Posts

My guess is that posting a link the way you explain, could easily get your facebook page closed.

Rick
    Universal4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    My guess is that posting a link the way you explain, could easily get your facebook page closed.

Rick
    Universal4

I have been posting affiliate offers on Facebook and Twiitter for years.

Can anyone else help?

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,954 Times in 5,018 Posts

I'm sure you have, and others have had their pages closed with no appeals possible.

The facebook gambling page closings are well documented here at the gpwa.

Rick
    Universal4

Thanks

[/IMG]This is what i'm looking for.

Direct Link to a specific market with my own affiliate link.

So Liverpool to Win market in the example here.

Any help folks?

pinkytoe is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Usually you will need to get a custom designed script that will be able to generate a link based on the bookmakers odds feeds. Possibly some bookmakers will allow you to add in your affiliate code into a query (PaddyPower do AFAIK) but to do it on a mass and convenient scale, you will probably want to go an XML route.

Oddschecker being one of the most popular sites doing it.

There are some white lable solutions that offer this service for a monthly retainer and possibly a % of affiliate earnings.

Here is one site. http://www.ploomo.com/products/betting/white-label/

I am not endorsing them and know very little about them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkytoe For This Useful Post:

BetsGalore (13 September 2014)

link22 is offline Private Member
    Thanks

The people who own OddsPortal.com are members here (Livesport Media, and Zorba31), and they do the same thing for their affiliate links for Bet365. If you don't have any joy in this thread, might be worth a message to both members. I've also wondered this myself.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to link22 For This Useful Post:

BetsGalore (13 September 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Usually you will need to get a custom designed script that will be able to generate a link based on the bookmakers odds feeds. Possibly some bookmakers will allow you to add in your affiliate code into a query (PaddyPower do AFAIK) but to do it on a mass and convenient scale, you will probably want to go an XML route.

Oddschecker being one of the most popular sites doing it.

There are some white lable solutions that offer this service for a monthly retainer and possibly a % of affiliate earnings.

Here is one site. http://www.ploomo.com/products/betting/white-label/

I am not endorsing them and know very little about them.

Thanks Pinkytoe.

This is exactly what im looking for.

Does anyone know of anyone else doing this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by link22 View Post
    The people who own OddsPortal.com are members here (Livesport Media, and Zorba31), and they do the same thing for their affiliate links for Bet365. If you don't have any joy in this thread, might be worth a message to both members. I've also wondered this myself.

Cheers mate.

Yeah, I looked into this but you only get every 2nd sign-up through them.

Thanks for the reply though.

NickyV is offline Private Member
    Thanks

@BestGalore,
    most, but not all, of the bookmakers are providing you with XML/JSON sport feeds(just ask them).
    you can build with them your own oddscomparison site and/or widgets where you can USE YOUR OWN affiliate links.
    for sure you will need a lot of knowhow to adapt it, or you can ask some freelancers to do it for you(cost's maybe a lot of money).

hope this will help you a little bit.
    Last edited by NickyV; 14 September 2014 at 7:00 am. Reason: correct nick :)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyV For This Useful Post:

BetsGalore (14 September 2014)

Gamer is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NickyV View Post
    @BestGalore,
    most, but not all, of the bookmakers are providing you with XML/JSON sport feeds(just ask them).
    you can build with them your own oddscomparison site and/or widgets where you can USE YOUR OWN affiliate links.
    for sure you will need a lot of knowhow to adapt it, or you can ask some freelancers to do it for you(cost's maybe a lot of money).

hope this will help you a little bit.
    You are right. XML solution is a must in this case.
    NickyV you have nice site 1x2.rs/ The green background looks terrific.
    What is this domain ended .rs ??
    Just wonder how you doing with 18bet as an affiliate?

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

I hate to burst your bubble, but you won't manage to do this the way you and everyone else described.

In order to have deep linking (aff link which goes to a specific market), you have to create a custom solution for each bookmaker you're affiliated with. Most don't have deep linking, only some do. You're in over your head if you attempt to make this an automatic process, you'll spend a year and do nothing.

But I have a solution for you.

Find a bookmaker which has a transparent URL which is showing the ID of the match and the market, and ask your affiliate manager can you insert the market code into your affiliate links manually to make those links go to that page.

Let's assume your affiliate link is www.bookie.com?aff=1234 and you manually change it to www.bookie.com?aff=1234&match=4567&market=789 if you want the link to land on match 4567, betting market 789. Got it?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

BetsGalore (14 September 2014), NickyV (14 September 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but you won't manage to do this the way you and everyone else described.

In order to have deep linking (aff link which goes to a specific market), you have to create a custom solution for each bookmaker you're affiliated with. Most don't have deep linking, only some do. You're in over your head if you attempt to make this an automatic process, you'll spend a year and do nothing.

But I have a solution for you.

Find a bookmaker which has a transparent URL which is showing the ID of the match and the market, and ask your affiliate manager can you insert the market code into your affiliate links manually to make those links go to that page.

Let's assume your affiliate link is www.bookie.com?aff=1234 and you manually change it to www.bookie.com?aff=1234&match=4567&market=789 if you want the link to land on match 4567, betting market 789. Got it?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying.

I kind of understand what you are saying but i'm not 100%.

If you dont mind can you give a real life market with an example?

Which bookies have transparent URL's?

Thanks again

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

Here is just one example which doesn't work anymore as the structure of the Pinnacle URL has obviously changed since the last time I checked.

My base affiliate URL is http://www.pinnaclesports.com/?langu...fer=xokladenet
    From my conversation with my affiliate manager I know there are two parameters I can add to that URL and they are:
    leagueid=
    periodnumber=

Meaning, with Pinny I can't direct to a specific match (as there is no such parameter) but can direct to a league. For the World Cup, the leagueid was 2686, making the full affiliate deep link:
    http://www.pinnaclesports.com/?langu...periodnumber=0 (hover over link to see the full URL)
    I used that aff link, and people landed at the World Cup section at Pinny.

This is pretty much the same thing you're using to land people at the registration page, bonuses page, etc.

I don't know whether the URL structure at Pinny changed or I'm supposed to read the league ID from the XML odds feed, but in any case you can already see how complicated this is and that every bookmaker is an individual case. I hope it helped. Contact your affiliate manager(s) for bookmaker-specific instructions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

BetsGalore (15 September 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    Here is just one example which doesn't work anymore as the structure of the Pinnacle URL has obviously changed since the last time I checked.

My base affiliate URL is http://www.pinnaclesports.com/?langu...fer=xokladenet
    From my conversation with my affiliate manager I know there are two parameters I can add to that URL and they are:
    leagueid=
    periodnumber=

Meaning, with Pinny I can't direct to a specific match (as there is no such parameter) but can direct to a league. For the World Cup, the leagueid was 2686, making the full affiliate deep link:
    http://www.pinnaclesports.com/?langu...periodnumber=0 (hover over link to see the full URL)
    I used that aff link, and people landed at the World Cup section at Pinny.

This is pretty much the same thing you're using to land people at the registration page, bonuses page, etc.

I don't know whether the URL structure at Pinny changed or I'm supposed to read the league ID from the XML odds feed, but in any case you can already see how complicated this is and that every bookmaker is an individual case. I hope it helped. Contact your affiliate manager(s) for bookmaker-specific instructions.
    Fantastic post Dan, thanks for sharing your knowledge on the matter.

It does seem a little complicated but you explained it very well.

Thanks again

NicoMontana is offline Private Member
    Thanks

It is definitely doable - however from what i've read and experienced you need to have a pretty high spent on facebook ads (or maybe some very good contacts) before you can openly advertise gambling on facebook.

dannynkem is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I am also in search of this exact idea and I only want to work with paid service providers (not design it myself)
    Xan people send me links to popular providers with many league coverage and also at least 5 bookmakers?