Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Russian problem

  1. #1
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default Russian problem

    I checked the popularity of my niche in different countries. From my research, one of the countries where this topic and these keywords are very popular is Russia.
    My website does not support the Russian language and the traffic from Russia is almost nil, despite the high number of impressions from this country.

    The problem is that as far as I know Russia blocks offshore sites. And on the one hand I can see the potential to translate my site into Russian, on the other hand I will translate and once blocked in Russia the English version of the site (same domain) will probably not be available either and the effect could be the opposite.

    How do you think the Russian potential can be exploited?

  2. #2
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Are the keywords you mentioned actually "money" ones? If they are then it might be worth getting your website translated.
    It might get blocked, however most people in Russia (due to sanctions) use VPNs, otherwise they won't be able to access most things other than a handful of state approved resources.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •