Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    rob3786 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Seo content length

    In regards to SEO does it matter how long your content articles are. I tend to get my content writers to write articles around 1200 words what do you guys reccomend?
    Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com

  2. #2
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    My own personal reviews average 700-900 words. Same goes for articles.

  3. #3
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    I recommend that you cover the subject fully without worrying about SEO.


    One prominant SEO package gives all sorts of metrics about what high ranking content pieces average and lengths like 700-1200 words are the norm.

    But you've got to be careful about mimicing some of the attributes of high performing items - and forgeting why you posted it in the first place.

    Just let the content flow - make sure that it's complete and useful - and you'll probably get rewarded with good rankings for that subject in the long term.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    rob3786 (5 December 2007)

  5. #4
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I agree with Gooner, there shouldn't be a min or max number of words. Write for the reader and let the article decide it's own length with what you want to cover. So long as it covers the subject correctly, why add more?

  6. #5
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    I recommend that you cover the subject fully without worrying about SEO.
    I agree 100%. For things that require less explaination (how to play a simple 3 reels slot) it gets less explanation. Things needing more, get more.

    To get the most bang for my buck, it's pretty rare I put more than 1500 words of actual content on a page (and instead, break the subject up). I try to put at least 500 words on a content page just to make sure there is enough there that the SEs don't completely ignore it... But I do whatever I need to make sure it is readable and helpful to the visitor.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •