It's that time again - Time Changes March 14 here in the US. Set my clock forward when I go to bed, so I don't forget!!![]()
It's that time again - Time Changes March 14 here in the US. Set my clock forward when I go to bed, so I don't forget!!![]()
Amateur
"Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
"...the universe has no edge and no center..."
"If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
"Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TheAPage.com
I wait til I get up in the morning before re-setting mine. That way it feels like I 'slept in' an hour longer....![]()
Terry - The Pokerkeep
President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union
Casino Affiliate Programs
Affiliate Resources
Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist
Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com
--
"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~
isnt it april forward, fall back?
Yep, it's Spring forward and Fall back so we lost an hour this morning. It works for me so I can go walking earlier in the mornings.
If it saves energy, how come we just don't stay on it and stop the back and forth each year. Is the U.S. the only country that does this?
I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator
Terry - The Pokerkeep
President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union
Casino Affiliate Programs
Affiliate Resources
Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist
Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com
Most parts of Australia have it for six months of the year. Of course it's the other way around and runs from October to March.
James
In terms of energy saving, I've read that ironically Daylight Savings Time actually results in more wasted energy....because people use the extra hour of sunlight to go out to places which results in more oil consumption (like going to events, shopping etc). Originally, the idea behind Daylight Savings Time was that it would save on lighting costs and household energy costs, but overall it has resulted in increased energy costs.
That being said, it is nice to come home from work in the summer and be able to enjoy the sun in the evening![]()