Hi everyone!
I've detected some suspicious backlinks to my website from 0 DA sites.
They use the images from my website with the link. Is it OK or I should remove them?
https://imgur.com/7XXwCWX
![]()
Hi everyone!
I've detected some suspicious backlinks to my website from 0 DA sites.
They use the images from my website with the link. Is it OK or I should remove them?
https://imgur.com/7XXwCWX
![]()
They're hotlinking your images.
What is hotlinking?
Hotlinking is the act of linking to a file that is hosted on another site, instead of downloading the file, hosting it on your own server, and providing proper citation. Images are most frequently hotlinked, but audio files, movies, flash animations, and other digital assets can also be hotlinked. - https://blog.hubspot.com/website/hotlinking
Play slots safely at licensed South African online casinos. Check out our latest slot reviews, and play free demo games before you Spina Zonke for real money.
bitcasinorank (23 September 2021)
Change your image URLs or disable these bastards with htaccess.
bitcasinorank (23 September 2021)
One method is to change the image with an image that is really disgusting, if they are hotlinking them, the disgusting images will show on their sites, until such time as you block the hotlinking.
Agreed that the best practice is to block the hotlinking in htaccess or web.config.
The blocking methods can be structured in a few ways, to show a different image, or to show a custom error like a 403.
Rick
Universal4
If you will look through the links profile of 80% domains in the internet at all for the last 6 month you will see the same picture. I don`t know who and for what doing this but this is normal and you should not worry about it. Anyway, extract these links and disavow with google tool will be a good idea.
bitcasinorank (30 September 2021)
Block those hotlinkers with .htaccess or change your image URLs to stop them.
As far as I know, Google ignores suspicious backlinks. Such links do not have any negative effect.
you can use cloudflare hotlink protection or not worry about it. I doubt theyt get much traffic anyhow and SEO wise they don't affect you. this has been going on for years.
For Google thats backlinks not are important. Donīt worry
also be carefull of the bastards that are trying to gain your attention by putting links to your website on low DA ones, like 10 or 15 with title like "SEO links" , do not wrok with them cause
1 You will pay for nothing
2 Google my punish you
If it's bothering you - block hotlinking. But honestly when I had the same thing I just ignored it and nothing bad happened