Also where did you get the developer?
Sweet winter child...
I am not telling you do not go for it, but there are 2 grave problems.
Where to get people who will do things done.
Where to get affiliates that will not screw you.
I am in business for long, so I have some knowledge, I have many ideas and I have money. Yet those things are harder and harder each year or month now.
Making a website is not just that you take some parts like in puzzle and they will work together. The devs will give you sh1tjob and affiliates now steal. Prepare to work for 1000%, debug everything and expect that everything can go wrong.
In the past you paid devs, he did the job and done. Today you never know what Google/browsers will come with, so it is ongoing battle and if you have some proprietary system, you need to work with devs all the time.
If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.