Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Tracking Visitor Flow

    One think I have been trying to do is track and watch how visitors flow through my website. The objective was to see which pages I was losing visitors on and which pages seemed to convert.

    When looking at this report in Google Analytics I have realized it is pretty much useless because the way I have my site set up, or so I think. The drop rates for my individual casino review pages is high, as it should be hopefully because they are leaving my website to go to the casino (or so I think) but how do I know that?

    I have pages set up for the outgoing links and then redirect those pages on my htaccess. So for example if you click to go to casino a from the review page I have a "/go/casino-a/" page set up which my htaccess file then redirects to the casino using my affiliate code. But how do I know they clicked that and not just closed the page or did a new search?

    My thinking was I could look to see how many visitors ended up going to the page "/go/casino-a/" and that would tell me how many visitors I sent to casino a. But since I have that redirect set up I cant track that.

    Is there a way to see how many redirects you did for particular pages? How do you guys track the traffic you send to casinos? I dont want to have direct links to all the casinos I dont think just to track this??

    Thanks for any help
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Tracking referral traffic beyond your portal, or any portal, has always been an issue.

    I don't do Affiliate work anymore but one way I did it before was to set up doorway pages for each casino and set those up as your goal pages in Analytics
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  3. #3
    slotshustler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I had a similar setup, I used to have an index page, with a redirect in the code, for every /go/casino-name/ this way I tracked them.

  4. #4
    Lucky Bob's Avatar
    Lucky Bob is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Location
    Niagara Falls area - Canada
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    I was planning on doing the same soon. Seems there are a few ways to go about it.
    Doing a bit of research for it I found these articles that might help:

    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/h...alytics/42452/

    http://www.koozai.com/blog/analytics...nalytics-7721/

    http://blogs.imediaconnection.com/bl...-on-your-site/

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky Bob For This Useful Post:

    slotshustler (5 December 2013)

  6. #5
    slotshustler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Lucky Bob, that is amazing recommendation. Now I have to make it work inside of a ton of other script.

  7. #6
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotshustler View Post
    I had a similar setup, I used to have an index page, with a redirect in the code, for every /go/casino-name/ this way I tracked them.
    Yes that is how I am doing it but I cannot see how many times that page has been accessed, or I am missing it somehow. I do like the idea Gary has above as setting those pages as goal pages in analytics I just have to see how to do that. Not really good with Analytics yet.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  8. #7
    bonusdevil is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I have 3-4 links for each bookmaker, and they're grouped. (Bet365, William Hill etc) Set the goal at £1 each to see how many have clicked through at a glance. Works well, and shows the accuracy of some Affiliates.

  9. #8
    bonusdevil is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Damn, just seen the date of this. Apologies.

  10. #9
    louie.wilson's Avatar
    louie.wilson is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 139 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Might be way too late, but i recently tried the following, as i wanted to measure pretty much the same thin.

    You can create a GOAL in GA. This goal can be an action or something personalized.
    One of this can be a destination page. To be honest, i'm having a hard time making sure it works on my site, as it either says i have 100% success or 0%

    But well, you can chose the destination URL, and this way, by page, know how many people reaching that particular one, left your site for the casino one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •