BetsGalore is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Twitter Ads Gambling Content

Hi guys,

Our Twitter account got banned from using Twitter ads last year.

The reason was for promoting gambling content.

This is the response I got from them when asked today.

"

Hello,

We noticed you are attempting to promote gambling content in a region that has additional regulations and guidelines. Gambling content targeted to this region is permitted, provided you have authorization from the appropriate governing body.

If you believe you are eligible to promote gambling content under Twitter’s ads policies, please provide us with:

• the country(ies) in which you are eligible to promote gambling content
    • a link to the appropriate governing body’s website verifying your current license and the reference number for your license

For more information on our Gambling policy, including country-specific details on on those entities from which we accept proof of licensing or authorization, you can visit us at twitter.com/adspolicy/gambling.
    Please be aware that under the Gambling policy, appropriate licenses or accreditation (where applicable) must be submitted for each country that you wish to target.

If you are in South Africa or Australia you are required to upload the necessary documentation, please do so by clicking the following link (for security reasons, we are only able to accept this information via upload link; our systems strip incoming email attachments):"

I have seen other affiliates promoting gambling content (Via Promoted Tweets) and surely they dont have a licencee to promote gambling content.

Any suggestions?

baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,319 Posts

What country are you trying to promote the tweets to?

I've had a quick scan of the policies and it sounds like it's fairly similar to adwords in that you can promote gambling tweets where it's legal provided that you contact them first.

For example, in the UK the rules for twitter are:

Sites driving traffic to gambling operators in the UK--(except lottery aggregators) such as affiliates, tips or odds sites--are permitted as long as they do not require a license or other permission for their activities. If an advertiser’s status changes in this regard, or they are the subject of any ruling of a legal, regulatory authority, or industry body pertinent to their activities, they must inform Twitter immediately. These advertisers are only allowed with prior authorization from Twitter.
    So I'd contact twitter and request to be authorised as an aggregator. If you were told you need a license it may just be that the person you were speaking to wasn't aware of the rules/intricacies of our industry. Same thing happens with adwords sometimes, you just need to reply to them and explain...
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

MrBinaryAff (1 May 2015)

baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,319 Posts

Actually, do you have an email for them? I wouldn't mind asking them a few questions myself but couldn't see a sales email.
    Last edited by baldidiot; 3 March 2015 at 6:59 am.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

BetsGalore is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Actually, do you have an email for them? I wouldn't mind asking them a few questions myself but couldn't see a sales email.
    Thanks for your response.

Its UK traffic

If you log into the ads section and click on the "help" tab you can get in contact with them there.