Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Uh Oh.....

  1. #1
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default Uh Oh.....

    http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/...-sites-in.html

    I recommend everyone get a custom RSS feeder and plug it in before this hits Europe.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    bb1web (22 March 2011), davemerry (1 March 2011), Vrindavan (4 March 2011), Zoorana (21 March 2011)

  3. #2
    TheCanadianGambler's Avatar
    TheCanadianGambler is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 78 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    That's great news for quality sites that don't steal/copy/spin content.

    The people that work the hardest will benefit the most, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCanadianGambler For This Useful Post:

    Dominique (28 February 2011)

  5. #3
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    I agree - I am an SEO - but this is an Affiliate forum.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  6. #4
    shortow is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    185
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 34 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadianGambler View Post
    That's great news for quality sites that don't steal/copy/spin content.

    The people that work the hardest will benefit the most, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.
    Couldn't agree more. Also happy to see rubbish/dup articles in Ezinesarticles, Articlesbase etc that used to rank so well buried in the serps.

    Gary, why the need for a custom RSS feeder? Isn't the important thing here having quality, original content and not necessarily who you syndicate it to?

  7. #5
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Depends on thr route you choose to take.

    As an ex Affiliate the paychecks come from saturation - not syndication - and not original content.

    I'll take 500 sites and a dozen hits each before I spend days populating one site with original content.

    We can't all be Craigs List.

    My advice is based on what the masses will do - not how the best way to do it is.

    I've already given that advice countless times here.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  8. #6
    CoopersPick's Avatar
    CoopersPick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    275
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Google is out to help out the guys who produce new and original content and bring value to the internet. They have been all over the news lately between head butting Overstock.com and slapping JC penny for their black hate tactics. All in all if you dont bring value to the web you shouldnt be able to profit for too long from it in my opinion.

  9. #7
    craig96 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the article. I have read it somewhere else but I am unsure.

    You must be real lazy to get someone else's content and use it on your own site and then try to rank higher than the original site. Fair enough if you want to be black hat but there are right and wrong ways about going about it.

    I am not saying I do this as I do actually enjoy taking part in this forum and reading other peoples posts but I reckon that forum posts should be a bigger factor in SEO personally.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to craig96 For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (4 March 2011)

  11. #8
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoopersPick View Post
    All in all if you dont bring value to the web you shouldnt be able to profit for too long from it in my opinion.
    I wish it were that easy. But we have road laws that are broken every day and they come with big fines - and the lawbreakers know the repercussions...but they still do it.

    Unfortunately road ragers and black hatters will always be a fact of life. As soon as google changes something to filter BH and scraper sites, they figure out a new way to game them.....

    Just like speeding between road cameras and rolling stops
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  12. #9
    dhayman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheScubaGuy View Post
    Depends on thr route you choose to take.

    As an ex Affiliate the paychecks come from saturation - not syndication - and not original content.

    I'll take 500 sites and a dozen hits each before I spend days populating one site with original content.

    We can't all be Craigs List.

    My advice is based on what the masses will do - not how the best way to do it is.

    I've already given that advice countless times here.
    From an affiliate perspective, I couldn't agree with you more..............

  13. #10
    best.hands is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    The content farm update by Google is not robust enough to insure what's being aimed, "quality contents on serps". In fact, some notable observers noticed the update made the doorway pages rank high on serps. Jezz.. Moreover, since the update is not intelligent enough to handle the filter of copycat contents, some SEO experts speculate that google employ white-listing of sites to back it up, which is handled manually by their in-house team. This explains why some of those 'quality' sites affected by the farm update got back their rankings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •