Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Updating php Version

    I keep getting a message in my WordPress dashboard that a plug-in I use (and want to keep) will no longer support the php version I am using. It says that I should update my site to use PHP 7 or 5.6. To update the php version I am using do I just need to use a more recent theme? If so, where can I find the php version on the theme to make sure it is using the version I need.

    Thanks,

    Travis
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    Hey Travis,

    To update your version, you'd have to login to your cPanel, navigate to Softwarre and open PHP Selector. There you will see the versions.

    With that being said you'd have tick the options you'd want and to be honest the first time I did it, it broke the whole site. I have to go extension after extension to see which one cause the problem.

    I can't remember what I had to check off. You'd either have to probably message your host, or Google around.

    Regards,

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    TravG (3 August 2018)

  4. #3
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Oh Wow - thanks. Yea I didn't realize it would be that involved. I thought it meant the theme I was using was out of date. I think I will do as you suggest - contact my host!

    Thanks
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TravG For This Useful Post:

    xecutable (3 August 2018)

  6. #4
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    I remember I did it a while ago, because I read that php 7.1 (7.1 then, 7.2 now) uses a lot less memory and at that time I had some memory issues. They'd probably even change it for you, but be present in case something goes wrong like some fancy extension that messes up the site.

  7. #5
    yeahfree is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2011
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 161 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    you might want to make screenshots of the current settings, so that in case of issues you can switch back to the old version again, with the same settings. and also to make sure that you apply the same settings with the new php (same extentions on/off).

    after switching to newer php version, make sure to keep an eye on your error log(s) as well

    php7(.whatever) should also deliver some speed increasements.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to yeahfree For This Useful Post:

    xecutable (3 August 2018)

  9. #6
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Be sure they give you an option to switch back and forth, and if you go to php7 you may experience a lot of new issues, warnings and errors depending on what your running on your sites.

    Best way is to flip the switch and watch the error logs.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  10. #7
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Thanks
    9,149
    Thanked 3,004 Times in 2,216 Posts

    Default

    Hello Travis, I agree with allfreechips. I’ve had similar issues when I haven’t been able to make the switch between different versions. Best of luck to you.

  11. #8
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 923 Times in 580 Posts

    Default




    If u see some problems,u can change the version back,or u simply edit the .htaccess


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •