Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    andy.l is offline New Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Which web statistics program is the best?

    Which is the best web statistics program for affiliate marketing?

    I have been using Google Analytics for a while, though it is near impossible to get outcliks data from them, and also some of my more paranoid friends refuse to share any more data with google than they need to...>>

    Any recommendations?

  2. #2
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    For free stuff, I use statcounter, google analytics, and hittail for another view of my keyword activity.

    I know if you are willing to pay there are other services which offer a bit more, especially for ranking of sites within industries...
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  3. #3
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Yea, I agree I don't like giving the info to Google, but I haven't found anything reasonable to replace it with. I'd be interested if there was one as similar in performance and function.

  4. #4
    MrKay is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 43 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    I use statcounter and google analytics as well.

    I am also trialling microsofts gatineau analytics its the nicest looking stats I have seen and its great that they are displayed live, but its very early in beta at the moment and doesn't do a great deal more than measure hits and page views.
    MrKay
    ------------------------

  5. #5
    robertmedl's Avatar
    robertmedl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 128 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy.l View Post
    Which is the best web statistics program for affiliate marketing?
    I use Google Analytics. For about 9 months last year, I paid for HitsLink; but I found that Google Analytics did just as good of a job at a much better price.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy.l View Post
    ... though it is near impossible to get outcliks data from them
    Are there any applications that do provide outclicks data, even if said application is not free? I would love to know if my exits are to one of the online gaming sites that I promote, or to some other site.

    I think that I am not alone in that what I want is for visitors to come to my site, look at between 2 and 5 pages for between 2 and 5 minutes, and then exit -- but to where do they exit? This is the million dollar question....

  6. #6
    virtual is offline New Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wink Stats Program

    I used syntryx and they were excellent - for a variety of reasons...

  7. #7
    villa10 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    For the same website, I can see different results using Google Analytics, Statcounter free and Awstats.
    There's not IMO an accurate tool for this matter .

  8. #8
    Spin21 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I use Statcounter- I find their reports really user friendly (I have tried Analytics and was amazed by the detail, but to be honest I found myself with too much information spending all day working out which language the guy from Brazil using firefox on a Vista machine was speaking).

    The only complaint is that you only get a quota of historical data...but thinking about it, this is probably not a bad thing either for the same reasons as above.

  9. #9
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmedl View Post
    I think that I am not alone in that what I want is for visitors to come to my site, look at between 2 and 5 pages for between 2 and 5 minutes, and then exit -- but to where do they exit? This is the million dollar question....
    I agree. I use google analytic, statcounter and hitslink. Each of them delivers some very useful data, but none tells me where do my visitors go when they exit.


    Nandakishore
    Online Casino Newsroom

  10. #10
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    437
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    I use Google analytics, AddFree stats and Awstats, but I'm going also to try statscounter.

  11. #11
    e-gamblingcity.com's Avatar
    e-gamblingcity.com is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

  12. #12
    edinburghrr's Avatar
    edinburghrr is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default RE: Which web statistics program is the best

    I don't know which is the best, but I have used Adfee Stats for about 2 years, and have found it very comprehensive.

  13. #13
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,987
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    This can be a difficult question to answer without more clarification.

    I personally use Smarter Stats, but it isn't for the average user. This program is a server application that parses the raw web server logs and provides reports in web page form either in it's built-in web server, or from an IIS website (which can easily be a sub-domain)

    Different users can be given access to stats from certain domains so it is a great tool for web hosts or hosting resellers or for those with multiple sites and different people needing access to different website stats.

    Sawmill and Web Trends also worked similarly but more difficult to configure.

    Awstats is also something to consider for the more budget conscous. (I never cared as much for it since it runs strictly out of perl and adds quite a bit of overhead for large logs, but worked fairly flawlessly once set up properly)

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  14. #14
    poker-casino-online. is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

  15. #15
    Gamblingdungeon's Avatar
    Gamblingdungeon is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    117
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Im using Awstats and webalizer

    Hi,

    Im using Awstats and webalizer. They come free with my VPS hosting. I have used Google Analytics, but like to have my stats on my server, not keen on letting Google have access to that, maybe im paranoid, but just the way i am.

    My site is only getting around 200 visitors a day, so still small.

  16. #16
    andy.l is offline New Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for all the replies.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Seems like there is no one good solution and many people use a combination of tools. This is quite surprising, and probably a great opportunity for someone out ther.

    <o></o>
    <o></o>

  17. #17
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Stat counter is by far my favorite choice. With the free program you can view where people came from, what they searched to get to your site and much more. Its easy and allows you to change your page based on whats hot in the search engines at that time.
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  18. #18
    PartnerJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default AdServing, tracking and analytics

    Guys can you take a look at www.adgine.net?

    it's a tracking and ad serving platform however we can generate reports regarding page views, impressions, number of visitors from specific geography, views per page etc

    We only charge 15% of the impressions served within a month

    Regards,

    PartnerJ

    for more info PM me please

  19. #19
    Focalclick is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2007
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    I have had some affiliates tell me that they've used this program with great success.

    http://haveamint.com/

    Regards,

    Mark

  20. #20
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    There is really no need to pay for any of these services like mint. Statcounter does exactly the same thing and its free and they are dedicated to not adding spyware to your computer. Im not sure I would be able to say the same for the other systems listed.
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •