pompeyrayuk is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Where am I going wrong?

Ok I know there are plenty of members out there who are more experienced than me so please can someone tell what I am doing wrong?

For the 5th time on the bounce now I have either offered or accepted requests to sell links on my forum to private members here.

On each and every occasion I have added the links within 5 mins of recieving the requested info.

Each and every time I have had to wait a minimum of 3 days before I see any sign of payment.

What am I doing wrong?

brean78 is offline Private Member
    Thanks

maybe only agree to add link once payment is received.

Peter Willis is offline Private Member
    Thanks

You need to keep in mind a lot of the people buying the links won't be involved with the payments process. 3 days is good! A lot of business run on 30 or 45 day payment schedules... so it could be a lot worse.
    You can find me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Topboss is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pomp, You may just be dealing with the wrong members.
    I have done numerous deals with GPWA members and always get paid almost immediately...except for one particular gentleman that we all know and trust ( no need to mention his name because those who have dealt with him know who I am referring to , He is notorious for not responding to pm's very quickly...but personally I don't see this as a problem as he always comes through in the end and for this reason I don't stress if he takes a month to pay. the difference with him and some of the newer gpwa members is that he has built a good reputation for himself and everyone knows he won't run away, but new members need to prove themselves first.
    If I were you - For the new members or those you have not deal with before - insist on payment upfront, or at the very least 50% upfront and 50% on completion which is fair to both of you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Topboss For This Useful Post:

ironman2000 (13 August 2009)

Thanks

I understand what you are saying but when you get asked for payment details so you can be paid on return you dont expect to wait do you.

Peter Willis is offline Private Member
    Thanks

If it's a problem to you just set up some terms and conditions that state either you require payment before the ad goes live, or within 12 hours (failure to do so will result in the link being deactivated).

I really don't see what the big deal is with a 3 day turn-around on payments though.
    You can find me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webzooma View Post
    If it's a problem to you just set up some terms and conditions that state either you require payment before the ad goes live, or within 12 hours (failure to do so will result in the link being deactivated).

I really don't see what the big deal is with a 3 day turn-around on payments though.
    When you have four children and a wife who is damn near critically ill and you are relying on what little you can earn online and are expecting a payment that doesnt arrive please come back and tell me its not a big deal.

ironman2000 is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

Hi Ray,
    I can not see that you are doing anything wrong by selling links to private members.

Just like it has been suggested here you should safeguard yourself by agreeing on a payment timetable beforehand, so you know in advance when the payment will be made and if not you will take down the link.

With hard times my friend always comes good times……..stay strong mate
    KEITH WILLIAMSON | INDEPENDANT GAMING CONSULTANT

SKYPE= ironman20001

http://twitter.com/ironman20001

lots0 is offline Former Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I always tell the link buyers payment BEFORE the link goes live and with most of these folks that buy links, I also tell them that I will wait till their check clears my bank before the links go live... I been burned before.

Just a suggestion, but you really might want to rethink your business model if your having to depend on selling links.

You realize of course that google and the other search engines are spending a lot of time and money trying to eliminate the webmaster profit from selling links... The future for selling links don't look that good IMO.

Chips is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

The only way is up front. Like Lots0 said, once the payment is cleared, the link goes up. I have always done the up front payment after I got smoked for doing work and never got paid for it.

If you have to wait a week or so for payment, why give them the free juice for that time. If the money is in the bank, then the link goes up.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyrayuk View Post
    When you have four children and a wife who is damn near critically ill and you are relying on what little you can earn online and are expecting a payment that doesnt arrive please come back and tell me its not a big deal.
    Hi PompeyRayUk.

I don't want to make light of your horrible situation here - but I doubt that ANYONE recognised this was the situation during your link exchanges did they?

As has been mentioned - a 3-day payment turnaround is normally very acceptable in this business - we'd all be rapt if affiliate programs paid as quickly instead of 30-40 days.

Perhaps, if you impressed upon the link buyer that SPEED OF PAYMENT was paramount important due to personal circumstances during the sale then you'd get an even faster turnaround.

Thanks

Just a suggestion, but you really might want to rethink your business model if your having to depend on selling links.
    This is not normally the case but emergencies at home have made it this way for a few months