Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21
    JohnnyNight is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    So I went for Divi and have it installed... and Wow.. I guess it does definitely makes things easier..

    But ha... This looks all so new to me I'm tempted to try the free version of Weebly siteground gives you just to get something online..

    We try though..!

  2. #22
    petimi's Avatar
    petimi is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2016
    Posts
    177
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNight View Post
    So I went for Divi and have it installed... and Wow.. I guess it does definitely makes things easier..

    But ha... This looks all so new to me I'm tempted to try the free version of Weebly siteground gives you just to get something online..

    We try though..!
    If you take a good advice: don't put your money making site on Weebly - or any other free 3rd party hosted solution. You will never get 100% control over your website and very likely that you will conflict with their terms of use by adding affilaite links / operating within the gambling niche.

    Always self-host your website that way you are in 100% control.

  3. #23
    JohnnyNight is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, definitely realize that...

    I just got to use to everything new from what I did before...

    Takes a personality adjustment to make it happen... Lol...

  4. #24
    casinotoprating's Avatar
    casinotoprating is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    WordPress continue to be the most hacked CMS!

  5. #25
    WagerPod is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Location
    Darlington, United Kingdom
    Posts
    234
    Blog Entries
    26
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    Can't fault Wordpress...
    Currently dipping my toe back in the water with my pet project site, Vegan Chocolate.

  6. #26
    LisaJupiter's Avatar
    LisaJupiter is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    If you need something simple, easy and quick to get up. Wordpress is the answer!

  7. #27
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Would recommend Wordpress to anyone.

  8. #28
    pinman's Avatar
    pinman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    If you are looking for a Wordpress theme which is designed and suited to casinos (plus other gambling niches) then I'm reliably informed by colleagues who have sites in this niche that Flytonic is ideal (I can't provide the URL as I haven't posted enough on the forum). A quick Google search for Flytonic will sort you out.

    I've not used it myself, but I do value the feedback I was given by my colleagues.

    Worth a look if you are still looking for an appropriate Wordpress theme I guess

  9. #29
    ALEXRAW is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    86
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    and I like joomla. it's a little more complicated than wordpress , but when You study it, then it has more possibilities
    Информационный развлекательный онлайн-портал о покере MegaPoker

  10. #30
    Miles_Videoslots's Avatar
    Miles_Videoslots is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 477 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    WP is easy to mainaitain and upgrade as you go along easy enough to start a webiste even if your a novice

  11. #31
    manuelinbmw is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Posts
    189
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    wordpress there are plugins for everything you need.

  12. #32
    wolfie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 315 Times in 153 Posts

    Default

    Flytonic themes are very easy to use and tailored towards affiliate sites. Shame they don't look a little bit better than they do. With an improved design they would be killer. But I do recommend them without a doubt.

  13. #33
    cantrill4 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Just starting to build my site and finding I'm geting a HTTP 500 error when I try to customise the vast majority of WordPress themes. Anyone else had a similar issue? Very frustrating not being able to get past hurdle one!

  14. #34
    titus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 46 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Look in the .htccess file.

  15. #35
    cantrill4 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titus View Post
    Look in the .htccess file.
    Thanks for your reply. I cannot locate this file at all, even with the help of File Zilla. I'll just contact the host and see what they say.

    Thanks

  16. #36
    q292u's Avatar
    q292u is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNight View Post
    Hi Sweetbet,

    Thanks..

    Yeah, I know it's really popular and seems like most people use it..

    I see different sites like squarespace and weebly similar to wordpress..

    I'm used to owning software and running it on your own computer, so wondering if there is any software like wordpress that you can own yourself..?
    There are TWO ways to use wordpress: wordpress.com, and self-hosted.
    Wordpress.com is entirely managed for you. You can only install approved themes etc, and they get upset about affiliate marketing. I got banned, which is why I set up my site (bashthebookies.net)

    If you use the self-hosted version from wordpress.org, then you can do what you like with it. You just need hosting space and a domain name.
    You can get a lot of the functionality of wordpress.com by installing the jetpack plugin.

    Make sure you use security software eg wordfence, and follow best practice. (no "admin" account, no account with id=1, strong passwords, etc)

    You may also want to think about using encryption (SSL), as the BIG G is planning on marking un-encrypted sites as "unsecure".. it's a hassle, but I've done it so it's not that hard.

    I hope this helps..

  17. #37
    q292u's Avatar
    q292u is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantrill4 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I cannot locate this file at all, even with the help of File Zilla. I'll just contact the host and see what they say.

    Thanks
    There may not be one! Unless you (or something like wordpress) have changed settings eg permalinks, there may not be a file.
    Just create one.. (or in wordpress, change the permalinks settings)

  18. #38
    cantrill4 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by q292u View Post
    There may not be one! Unless you (or something like wordpress) have changed settings eg permalinks, there may not be a file.
    Just create one.. (or in wordpress, change the permalinks settings)
    Yeah I figured it out in the end, took me a while though! Thanks.

  19. #39
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNight View Post
    Hi Petimi,

    Neat to see you're here..

    So I just realized, and I assume it's true that wordpress is what you would call back end site development software..

    Not a WYSIWYG site software builder, which is what I'm used to using..

    I just found a theme called DIVI, which is a theme that is a WYSIWYG site builder for wordpress..

    The Divi Theme is a fully featured WordPress theme.

    It also includes the Divi Builder, which is a stand-alone WYSIWYG plugin which can be installed alongside any other wordpress theme.

    This sounds really good to me..

    It's available at elegantthemes . com

    Wondering if anyone here has used it..?

    Thanks
    We started using Divi for some new projects and it's pretty good. Not that we have a lot of experience with WP sites and what they offer, we've been using Drupal for a decade. But that said, Divi is far easier than our previous Drupal page creation.
    https://professionalrakeback.com

    We write excellent long-form content for other webmasters, for free.
    How can we work together on a win/win deal? Be creative!

  20. #40
    ALEXRAW is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    86
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    the designers of such sites is in Joomla
    Информационный развлекательный онлайн-портал о покере MegaPoker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •