Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: collecta.com

  1. #1
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default collecta.com

    Nice site, neat idea, I am ready to abuse it for my needs
    "CasinoJack"


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to casinojack For This Useful Post:

    GaryTheScubaGuy (20 June 2009)

  3. #2
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    Nice site, neat idea, I am ready to abuse it for my needs
    That is some really cool %^$£ !!!

    So my first thought is a Php based script that scrapes into a feed to populate, have an xml sitemap created and submitted - and all on cruise control.

    But I've only had 60 sec to think about it
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  4. #3
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    He he...

    There is another on i found last nite....This other one I am keeping to myself for now, until i Figure it out more...

    But I like your brain Gary!!
    "CasinoJack"


  5. #4
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Theres quite a few of them, i am checking out 3 others as we speak and a little more research will i am sure find me even more.

    Gary is on the right track and i have an idea myself how to best utilise these sort of sites

    The words early domination spring to mind
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  6. #5
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Please share! I'll make it pay.

    BTW casinojack - I used your description on my girlfriend (about abusing IT for my needs) and she said,"you already do!" So I said,"you should learn from the example I set"
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  7. #6
    brean78's Avatar
    brean78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 78 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    This is a really cool se, but I am not sure if it is driving the sort of traffic to get some benefit that way.

    However, it does list all the freshest posts out there, so maybe there are other ways of making this work to your advantage.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I've been following this thread thinking about why Jack and Gary are relatively excited about these sites. I suspect that Jack and Gary have a plan for the sites, but I just don't see it.

    Maybe using them to to the "labor" of finding new content? in that direction? lol

  9. #8
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    start a site, populate with rss feeds, picked up by collecta and other similar sites, people visit site, google ad sense goes wild, just one simple idea with many other "ways" of utilising this type of sites
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Betpartners For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    bbonline's Avatar
    bbonline is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    339
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    Nice site, neat idea, I am ready to abuse it for my needs
    This is once again another kind of neat yet reliable search engine. Compare it to bing.com this is much better then. Thanks buddy.

  12. #10
    brean78's Avatar
    brean78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 78 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    start a site, populate with rss feeds, picked up by collecta and other similar sites, people visit site, google ad sense goes wild, just one simple idea with many other "ways" of utilising this type of sites
    I get this, what I don't get is where the traffic comes in the top of the chain. I assume that collecta has got to be driving millions of searches to make it worth your while targeting it in this way.

    I had never heard of it before this post and I bet nor have 99.99% of internet users. It seems a little bit too clever for the common user to replace there current favourite search engine with it.

    I am still missing something here, I am sure Gary, Jack or someone else is going to reveal a better use for this site.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •