View Poll Results: Do you use bitcoin?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have withdrawn bitcoin converted to a fiat currency to my bank account.

    11 28.95%
  • Yes, I have converted bitcoin to a fiat currency but have not withdrawn the fiat currency yet.

    3 7.89%
  • Yes, I have received a payment into my bitcoin wallet but have not converted it to a fiat currency yet.

    7 18.42%
  • Yes, I have created a bitcoin wallet, and provided an address to someone to pay me, but have not been paid yet.

    0 0%
  • Yes, I have created a bitcoin wallet, but have not supplied it to anyone so they can pay me.

    0 0%
  • No, but I have payments owed me I cannot receive until I create a bitcoin wallet.

    3 7.89%
  • No, but I plan to create a wallet so I will have it available.

    3 7.89%
  • No, and I have no plans to create a bitcoin wallet anytime soon.

    11 28.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    To answer the poll, yes I have used bitcoin and completed every angle of the process. I have used Kraken for most of my dealings and had a nasty experience on their GBP exchange (because the GBP external payment processor they use basically wont process payments without your life story) and I have had very good experiences on their euro exchange. I have made additions to bank accounts to accommodate the euro payments more readily.

    I agree with Gooner that you can move the market on Kraken, and I agree with Sherlock that it is only ever a temporary blip as China / arbitrage corrects things. Yes it is annoying to have to drip-feed sells to ensure you get a proper rate or place a sell order at a higher than current market rate just to get the exchange rate you were paid at and not lose money. However, with Skrill going down the drain as highlighted in this thread I am also glad that I was forced to learn and go through this process to get paid. I may retract that statement if things dont continue to go well with Kraken. That is a firm that I have criticised in other threads, after bad customer support when trying to get funds out in GBP. However my latest encounter with their customer service was impressive and I had someone go well beyond the call of duty - in fact they were brilliant, even opening up a new method of withdrawing. I guess it just depends who you get, or maybe they have improved things. Possibly a bit of both.

    Bitcoin payment and withdrawal is an alternative to skrill / neteller, right at a time when those options have fallen into bad hands and are becoming rip-offs / unworkable for affiliates. However it is reliant on the exchanges, well Kraken, continuing to smooth the way. We all know how fast things can change for the worse.

  2. #22
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    I just got idea about kraken CS, because they were always outstanding to me. Maybe it is worth of verifying the account to tierIV even if you (or anyone else) do not need that. Or maybe they started to take care, once you brought them some money. Also they have a chat here: https://kraken.slack.com/ or representative at bitcointalk. They are not a big corp, so they (still) care. Right now I am awaiting their response on Reddit about the GBP conversion, because they said something about GBP there and they really pi**ed me off with the GBP processor and what they did to you.

    The good thing about bitcoin is that once some exchange becomes rogue/greedy as Skrill, then there is a lot of competition and someone else will take over. The movement is already happening. After several hacks it was MtGox#1 few years ago. They bust and Bitstamp was #1. Then Bitstamp went too far with pushing KYC ans Bitfinex took over. Now Bitfinex was poorly managed and hacked and maybe Kraken will take over. And this is only for the non-CNY peanuts. Overall China is less regulated (or they can survive in grey area) and it is taking over the whole market. But the point is that unlike Skrill/Neteller, who somewhat monopolised gambling industry, by bitcoin the exchanging and holding the "tokenmoney" is divided (Skrill holds and exchanges the money, but with bitcoin the btc user holds the money most of the time and he can always choose freely where to exchange and therefore gives much more power to "tokenholders"). This is why I think if Bitcoin is ever accepted and used in gambling or at least in affiliate gambling as much as Skrill now, we can finally see a stable environment, where payments will be just predictably processed at marginal costs.
    Last edited by Sherlock; 18 September 2016 at 8:40 am.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  3. #23
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    5,946
    Thanked 6,644 Times in 2,930 Posts

    Default

    Just ask Ross Ulbricht whether you should use Bitcoin.
    He is the man who came to power in the internet with Bitcoins like no one before him.

    Leopold

  4. #24
    Virtual Marketing is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    108
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts

    Default 3rd step already

    Gambling industry can not avoid Bitcoin anymore as its on its 3rd step forward already.
    First was the implementation of Bitcoin processing into platforms like ultraplay, softswiss, coingaming and others, means players can make a deposit with bitcoin and play on a single wallet. Second stage was when some brands had both bitcoin and real money at the same time, so the bitcoin processor is not part of the cashier options. Third stage is when bettingpartners are paying in bitcoin and there are major other operations integrating the funnels. GC accept the idea of it and actully most licenses casinosd accepting bitcoin via neteller.

    For good and bad, its here, its working, its part of the system and I mist say, its fascinating to se the market growing on daily basis.

    Kimdotcom is saying bitcoin will be $2000 in 12 months, speculators are talking about less than that, but for the single player, the end affiliate or the marketer on the way, it doent matter, as Bitcoin may not be THE NEXT PAYMENT METHOD of all times, but it will be there for sure

  5. #25
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Marketing View Post
    Kimdotcom is saying bitcoin will be $2000 in 12 months,
    Kim Schultz is probably being extradited and going to jail for his role in the megaupload piracy "business" ...
    I wouldn't use his financial recommendations as a basis of expectation.
    Last edited by TheGooner; 10 October 2016 at 10:50 pm.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (10 October 2016)

  7. #26
    manuelinbmw is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Posts
    189
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    No I have yet to use bitcoin yet. I don't have a wallet either.

  8. #27
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    I just started using Bitcoin this year, about 6 months ago. I probably never would have used Bitcoin if some affiliate programs did not require it. Now that I have received Bitcoin payments and converted them into USD and sent them to my personal bank account, I have actually set my payment preference at other affiliate programs to pay by Bitcoin. The main reason only being because some programs pay faster by Bitcoin.

    I have not used Bitcoin as an investment vehicle, as soon as I receive a payment to my Bitcoin wallet I withdraw it immediately. I have however been giving some thought to keeping a few BTC in my wallet to see what happens. My main concern/reason for not doing so yet is the fear of hackers and losing my BTC. Also I have not done any real research to find out which Bitcoin exchanges are the best/most secure/reputable, I have only taken the advice of affiliate programs as to which exchanges/wallets to use.

    Coming from someone who generally does not like change, especially when it come to finances/banking, if you have not used Bitcoin because you thought maybe it was to involved or difficult, it really is easy to receive Bitcoin payments, exchange them for currency and send to your bank. I use Kraken which seems pretty good so far, and I can have a payment in my personal bank account the same day as receiving a Bitcoin payment. So far, after receiving around 10-15 Bitcoin payments, I have had been able to withdraw it to my bank by the next business day every time except twice, when I received it the 2 business day.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TravG For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (11 October 2016)

  10. #28
    RichardB is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I just don't trust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •