Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Eeeeeeeeeeeek !

  1. #21
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLizzy View Post
    Definitely spiders for me.. I once had a big spider crawl on my pillow and I just happened to open my eyes as it was staring me in the face. I made the most unusual sound, jumped out of bed, turned on the light and screamed for my husband all in about half a second.

    He shot out of bed too and then grabbed a shoe to kill it for me. It got away and I slept on the couch for about a week.

    Since that night I have a recurring nightmare where I dream that a spider is staring at me on my pillow. Every time it happens it jolts me wide awake and I cant help but feel like it was really there again. Sometimes my eyes even play tricks on me creating the spider's image for a couple of seconds after I have opened my eyes. After a moment my eyes focus and I know nothing was there.

    I know this sounds kinda crazy but that one night really messed me up and when I went on the internet and read about the brown recluse and how it can cause necrosis I have never been able to sleep as soundly as I used to.

    Anyone else have something like this happen to them?
    Australia has some of the most deadly spiders in the world.

    Not trying to scare at all, because I find it fascinating - we also have some of the most deadly snakes in the world.

    We have one spider here which if it bites you, the wound never heals. It just continues to eat your flesh forever.

    Another which can kill you in a matter of minutes if it bites you.

    We have spiders that will chase you, jump on you.

    Then we have one of the most poisonous spiders that actually is harmless because it's fangs are too short to bite you. You usually find them in your shower, old backyard dunnies etc.

    Now after saying all this, the first two deadly spiders I listed above, I have only seen them once in my entire life. One is a white tip and the other is a red back.

    I must say, the red back spider was beautiful. The red was so bright.

    We also have lots of cockroaches here - some of them can fly too..
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  2. #22
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Australia has some of the most deadly spiders in the world.

    Not trying to scare at all, because I find it fascinating - we also have some of the most deadly snakes in the world.

    We have one spider here which if it bites you, the wound never heals. It just continues to eat your flesh forever.

    Another which can kill you in a matter of minutes if it bites you.

    We have spiders that will chase you, jump on you.

    Then we have one of the most poisonous spiders that actually is harmless because it's fangs are too short to bite you. You usually find them in your shower, old backyard dunnies etc.

    Now after saying all this, the first two deadly spiders I listed above, I have only seen them once in my entire life. One is a white tip and the other is a red back.

    I must say, the red back spider was beautiful. The red was so bright.

    We also have lots of cockroaches here - some of them can fly too..
    Ok. I used to want to visit Australia soo badly until I read this post. My goodness that sounds like my worst nightmare!

    We have those flying cockroaches also and they give me goosebumps they freak me out so bad.

    If I had to eat bugs to survive because there was no food I'm not sure I would make it! I've seen people eating grasshopper lollipops and it just grosses me out. Yuck!

  3. #23
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Like I said, I've only ever seen those spiders once in 27 years.. So the chance of you visiting for a few weeks and seeing one is actually pretty unlikely.

    Unless you go to the zoo
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  4. #24
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    One time we were fishing a creek near Tobermory Ontario and as we walked down the path we heard a rattle coming from the bushes.... I'd never heard a rattler before but the sound was unmistakable. We froze cuz it was impossible to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. Should we back up or go forward? After a short while the snake settled down and quit rattling at us so we bolted!

    That sound made me go eeeek! I think I messed my pants a little too.
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •