Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Funny Sayings

  1. #1
    TrishOZ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    33
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 59 Times in 52 Posts

    Default Funny Sayings

    My mum said the funniest thing to me the other day and it made me wonder, what's the funniest saying you've ever heard?

    This is what she said:

    "Well obviously this is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike"

    LOL

    Another of my favourites is "Same dog, different leg" which means things are exactly as per usual, same thing, different day.

  2. #2
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    About as much use as Tits on a fish
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  3. #3
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    The Australian version of that one Chalkie, is as useful as tits on a bull...

    I have a few that I use, and I can't remember where I ever heard them... but I seem to be the only one that uses them:

    When someone is cheap: tight as a fish's asshole.
    Another one for when someone is cheap: tight ass.

    If someone is ugly: they have a head like a busted fart, a half eaten mango, a smashed crab etc.

    Ugly as a hat full of assholes. Now that is my favourite.

    Man I have so many.. actually I think I started a thread like this a year or two ago... Will have to find it and get some of the good ones from there... They were classics..

    You can guarantee coming to Oz that every second line you hear doesn't make any sense.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  4. #4
    pompeyrayuk's Avatar
    pompeyrayuk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth England
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 253 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Opinions are like arseholes - everyones got one.

    DILLIGAF - Do I Look Like I Give A ****

    If someone says to you "Is that true" or "4 real?" reply "Do dogs *** up brick walls" or "Does the Pope wear a funny hat"

    And a deep one that my dear old nan god rest her soul used to say "If ifs n buts were pots n pans the world would be a kitchen"

  5. #5
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    OK I got a few more this morning while listening to the radio:

    If you "**** it up the wall" or "**** your money up the wall" it means you are basically spending all your money on alcohol (or other not necessary things similar).

    "Couldn't organise a root in a brothel" or "couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery" basically means you are incompetent.

    Root = aussie word for the act of sex.
    **** up = aussie term for a drinking session.

    "Flat out like a lizard drinking" = something is going very fast.
    Flat out can mean fast or busy, depending on the context.

    I'm sure I'll think of more over the weekend...

    Actually there are some Hungarian sayings that my dad says occasionally when he is trying to be funny and translated into English they don't quite make sense...

    I can't spell them in Hungarian, and maybe a fellow Magyar can help me out, but here goes:

    Severn surt gotzya modzog - Stabbed through the heart the elastic of your pants (yes does NOT make any sense, not even close).

    Falro maso samodli - The stool that climbed the wall. (WTF)

    The last one I wont write because it is apparently worse than any other insult you can think of in the English language. And it's really not that bad IMO. Go figure.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  6. #6
    casinoguy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    hahahahahahah

  7. #7
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    Couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with stack of $100s - another variant of the "couldn't" line of jokes.

    One summer as a teen, my buddy and i worked at a summer camp as janitors. Our boss was walking us thru the restrooms checking our work says:

    "This Toilet is filthy! I wouldn't wash my dick in it!"

    well that was one that never occurred to us.

    In general my alltime favorite, very old, but often useful:
    "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the wayout!"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmCan For This Useful Post:

    Renee (1 November 2009)

  9. #8
    jarvi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    3,333
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 448 Times in 282 Posts

    Default

    Being in a mood because of the stupid responses I am getting to work related questions this one is relevant for me -

    Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullsh!t around your lips.

    And continuing the assholes theme -

    That place was a proctologist's dream, wall to wall assholes.
    James

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to jarvi For This Useful Post:

    Renee (1 November 2009)

  11. #9
    Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 717 Times in 443 Posts

    Default

    I am SO unlucky.....

    If I fell into a barrel of boobsI'd come out sucking my thumb!

  12. #10
    ironman2000's Avatar
    ironman2000 is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    April 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    758
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 163 Times in 135 Posts

    Default

    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.

    When all else fails, read the directions.

    Welcome to Hell... Here's your accordion.

    He who laughs last probably doesn't understand the joke.

    Never hit a guy with glasses. Always use your fists.

    The only time I open my mouth is to change feet.

    Happiness can't buy money.

    True friends always stab you in the front.

    I'll have to think twice about it before I give it a second thought.

    There is more to life than increasing its speed.

    Never advise anyone to go to war or to marry.

    The meek shall inherit the Earth after we're done with it.

    A coward is a hero with a wife, kids and a mortgage.

    Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.

    Conscience: What hurts when everything else feels so good.

    Help stamp out, eliminate and abolish redundancy!

    You're schizophrenic? Gee, that makes four of us.

    Why is the word 'Abbreviation' so long?

    If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

    Skydiving - Good to the last drop.

    If a tree fell on the florist, would he make any sound?

    A penny saved is a congressional oversight.

    Error. Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue...

    A day without sunshine is like... night.

    Floggings will continue until morale improves.

    All's well that ends.

    It's not an optical illusion, it just looks like one.

    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

    What if there were no hypothetical situations?

    Dyslexics of the world untie!

    A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

    Honesty is the best policy. But insanity is a better defense.

    Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.

    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

    As I said before, I never repeat myself.

    Forgive your enemies, but remember their names.

    and what my dear Mother used to say "You fall off that wall and break your legs..............don't come running to me"

    Keith
    KEITH WILLIAMSON | INDEPENDANT GAMING CONSULTANT

    SKYPE= ironman20001


    http://twitter.com/ironman20001

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ironman2000 For This Useful Post:

    Renee (1 November 2009)

  14. #11
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironman2000 View Post
    If a tree fell on the florist, would he make any sound?
    I'm wondering if you meant "If a tree falls in a forest and nobody was there to hear it, would it still make a sound?"

    I hope the tree didn't fall on the florist... LOL
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  15. #12
    sophie marks is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    "If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because I bet that's what REALLY throws you into a panic."

  16. #13
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Going off like a frog in a sock

    LOL
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    TrishOZ (5 November 2009)

  18. #14
    CK - Schalk's Avatar
    CK - Schalk is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 121 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    My fave for today (courtesy of the Hodgeyboy himself).

    It's a small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it)


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK - Schalk For This Useful Post:

    Renee (10 November 2009), TrishOZ (5 November 2009)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •