AmCan (12 January 2010)
The idea that Alex and his employers can just tear up a contract and tell warren/lou/whoever, that it's over is basically saying they should break an agreement with them or pay whatever it takes to buy them out, even if it's not financially feasible. Well when affiliate programs break a contract we yell at Alex "how dare you let them into your event." Now we scream "Alex we're not coming until you break a contract with your partners." ?
you don't see the absurdity of these contradictory demands. Whether you like Warren and Lou, or not, Lou started the spring break events, he partnered with Alex's company to expand their reach. Now Alex is supposed steal their share?
The Lottery Guy:
UK National Lottery Results
AllLotto on Facebook and AllLotto at Twitter
Free AllLotto US iPhone app
Simmo! (12 January 2010), Spearmaster (12 January 2010), Webzcas (13 January 2010)
Alex works for a publicly traded company - you don't break contracts in business without repercussions. Publicly traded companies have to follow the law.
Lou did start spring break, but was bought out of the conference business entirely.
casinojack (12 January 2010)
I don't think anyone is telling Alex to break his contract.
But - let's all be clear here... Alex purposely withheld the fact that Warren/CAP were still financially involved in the conferences he runs. He purposely mislead everyone regarding CAP's involvement. Alex is not an innocent victim in all this.
Let me quote Michael Corfman:
So now we all know the truth.... let's ignore it and carry on.I was under the distinct impression and honestly believed that CAP was being completely removed from any involvement with the iGB events. My view was that the name change that happened nearly a year ago now represented the reality of what was happening in terms of relationship changes behind the scenes, and I had many discussions that seemed to confirm to me that was the case.
The conferences are awesome!
Alex is a great promoter and it's not his fault CAP is involved.
CAP has nothing to do with the conference. Really! They just own an undisclosed portion of it.
Blah blah blah
The reality is...
CAP profits from the conferences
CAP ripped off affiliates via Cardspike - money that was never paid BTW
CAP mass banned and ridiculed it's own membership
CAP gouged the aff programs for years
CAP strong armed and threatened industry leaders including AGD and J Todd
CAP had Steven Corfman physically and violently removed from a hotel lobby
And the list goes on...
It's all good though, really! - let's all go to the conference. Let's get along like adults and put all that bad history behind us...
CAP or Lou or Warren, Effective Media or Affiliate Media - it doesn't make any difference what name you use..... These guys were in it together. They both owned the company. They both profited from Cardspike. They both profited from the outrageous fees they charged their "certified partners". At least one of them is now profiting from the conferences.
It's all good though.
Terry - The Pokerkeep
President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union
Casino Affiliate Programs
Affiliate Resources
Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist
Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com
When a contract is involved and the other party goes criminal if it were me I would toss the agreement out. As Spearmaster suggested Alex is totally capable of hosting these events void of CAP so why not?
As for Alex breaking contracts from a publicly traded company and so what. I mean both warren and lou should have respected their partnership with Alex. They should have acted responsible as to not jeopardize Alex’s good name. Well congrats Alex you are the real brains behind the machine IMO .
As for this event I refuse to grease those wheels that just may be used to run me/us over at a later date. Find comfort in knowing attending this event your nothing more than an afterthought for someone else’s benefit. Call it a fund raising event lol. But please an affiliate conference? I think not.
But maybe it is time I shut up for a while. Wish those who are attending good luck I will not be attending. Yes call it a boycott a Green Peace move my personal small contribution for the betterment of myself and may be others.
On that note I wish the GPWA and some other boards would join together and hold one event per year. Or perhaps seeing all come together for an annual Affiliate Spring Break somewhere very hot. I believe CAP shelved this idea too bad.
greek39
AmCan (12 January 2010)
I think cap is a great forum. To bad we all couldn't be one big happy family.
Last edited by AK; 12 January 2010 at 8:37 pm.
Cap was a great place , I still go read but pretty much the only place i visit all the time now that is drama free is PAL.