BestBonusBets (27 September 2018)
Seems xecutable made a typo.
It's actually known as a cron.
It's an instruction given to the server to run a specific task, at a specific time, on a specific day. I'm sure if you Google cron you'll find a decent, simple to understand explanation - far better than I can provide.
Try this site:
https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...jobs--net-8800
BestBonusBets (27 September 2018), elieli88 (19 September 2018)
If I write 100īs of reviews will it slow down my webpagespeed a lot ?
BestBonusBets (27 September 2018)
TY for the correction. Indeed I meant cron, I was typing from my phone and couldn't check the right spelling. And no, the amount of pages won't slow down your website.
The amount of images, plugins, hooks and java can. It just happens that the more pages you have, the more functionality you want and the more stuff you add. Eventually it all starts to add up milliseconds by milliseconds.
I wouldn't be worried about site speed atm, especially if it's loading normally.
BestBonusBets (27 September 2018), drifter8 (20 June 2019)
Ok. What is " loading normally". What is a good pagespeed? I tested my site on https://gtmetrix.com/. I tested i 5 times and got the average loading speed of 7.46 s. What do you think? Is that ok or "way to slow?" .
It depends. Where is your site hosted and which test server are you using? What are your scores on the other parts
P.S: Just ran the test myself. Here are the things you are missing:
- gzip compression: your website is 6.45MB (Tools show it will go down to 1.4MB if gzip is enaled)
- minify css and java (WP-Rocket or Autoptimize can do that assuming you are using Wordpress)
- Defer parsing of Javascript (same as the above)
- install a caching addon (Whatever you feel like it, I personally use WP-Rocket but it's paid)
- optimize your images (like I've written before ShortPixel does that but it's paid again. The other way is to run PageSpeed and download the lossless optimizations, or even gtmetrix).
- optimize order of styles & scripts (again the above addons)
- Serve resources from a consistent URL (I am guessing you are using images or other stuff directly from affiliate backends which is also slowing you down)
- consider a CDN (very cheap a month,and serves content from a nearby server to the user, rather than where your website is hosted).
At the moment your website is bigger than an MP3 song to download, and makes 122 requests before it's done loading. Is it any wonder that it feels slow? In fact I'd say 7.46s is fast for the size and lack of optimizations present.
Follow the list and run the test afterwards.
Last edited by xecutable; 23 September 2018 at 12:28 am.
1) All comments made above by Xecutable are very relevant.
2) When I look at your website, I am happy to never use a CMS like Wordpress!
3) Your website use the default (and free) Wordpress Theme Twentysixteen. You should use a good paid theme like Flytonic. I'm not a Wordpress specialist (far from it) but there are several advantages to using a good theme like Flytonic. A greater speed is one of these benefits.
4) You have a bunch of plugins:
PluginsTablepress, Custom Banners, Customize Twenty Sixteen, Podamibe Simple Footer Widget Area, Header Footer Elementor, Elementor, Tablepress Responsive Tables, Footer Putter.
Are they all really necessary?
5) When a page loads in less than two and a half seconds, it's okay. Not necessarily good, but acceptable. Ideally, you should aim to have pages that load in less than a second: which is difficult to achieve with Wordpress.
6) GTMetrix has its servers in Vancouver, Canada. The place where the request is made is important to calculate the loading speed of a website. 7.46 sec? Yes it's way to slow if a user living in Vancouver tries to visit your site. Your website is hosted in Denmark, so I guess it's not aimed at an international market first?
7) I did a speed calculation from Europe using Pingdom. Here are the results (for your homepage).
UK, London:
Grade D 66
Page size 5.8 MB
Load time 2.38 s
Requests 119
Germany, Francfort
Grade D 66
Page size 5.8 MB
Load time 3.57 s
Requests 119
It's not excellent. But the results for London are not catastrophic either.
8 ) Gzip Compression. There are plugins for Wordpress that can help compress the data. Read this:
https://torquemag.io/2016/04/enable-...ion-wordpress/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-per...score-booster/
9) Use a CDN like Cloudflare if you're looking to reach an international audience. Otherwise, use a host located in the market that interests you.
Last edited by Mario The Gambler; 23 September 2018 at 8:51 pm.
" Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
Eddie Felson in the movie The Color of Money
I would recommend this Load time Tester , https://performance.sucuri.net ..with time to first byte stats.
Regards
PromoteCasino (24 September 2018), TheGamblersClub (1 October 2018)
I chat with customer support and got the following advice, What do you think about the advice, will it help ?
You can try to increase the memory limit. You may refer below: Using the File Manager Locate wp-config.php Open the wp-config.php file and search for these lines: /** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */ require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php'); Just before these lines, insert the following code: /** WP memory increase and max allowed memory for administration */ define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' ); // Increases allowed memory for wordpress application. define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' ); // Increases allowed memory for administration area.
clean your source code, delete unnecessary scripts or control their work, optimize your images (I like this service https://tinypng.com) and of course fast hosting.
https://www.whatruns.com/
The code of any website can be seen. If you right-click with your mouse (Chrome) you will see the code... and the plug-ins used.
Last edited by Mario The Gambler; 24 September 2018 at 11:21 am.
" Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
Eddie Felson in the movie The Color of Money
i think caching is number one way, also using a good host.
For optimizing your website you need to optimize images first. Your homepage should lead with high-quality images to capture attention, but they can drag down your site speed.
I optimize my images with https://tinypng.com/ it is a good tool.
Host in the country that you are targeting and use Google PageSpeeds insights to gain knowledge regarding how you can improve.
Pingdom also offer a great free tool for this.
Caching and minify plugins also work really well. Also consider losslessly compressing your images to reduce download times.
A good website should load in under 3 seconds. A great website should load in under 2.
https://www.betcode.org.uk - The top promo codes for the betting industry including exclusive codes and offers.
Literally using the Google tool helps me every time. Never used a bad hosting, so that's out of the question for me, but a couple of people I know have seen improvements after they've abandoned cheap hostings.
Another trick is making everything except the basics to load last.
In my experience, if your website is red on the Page Speed Insights, you probably have a bad hosting, or there's something wrong with the code and it slows down the website.
If it's not, you can work on compressing, cashing, and queueing stuff.
Also, make the mobile version as minimal as possible. Nobody needs a fancy JS script there, imo.
Here are some of the many ways to increase your page speed:
- Enable compression. ...
- Minify CSS, JavaScript, and HTML. ...
- Reduce redirects. ...
- Remove render-blocking JavaScript. ...
- Leverage browser caching. ...
- Improve server response time. ...
- Use a content distribution network. ...
- Optimize images.