Serve images in next-gen formats
Image formats like JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, and WebP often provide better compression than PNG or JPEG, which means faster downloads and less data consumption.
Use zamzar.com for converting.
Serve images in next-gen formats
Image formats like JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, and WebP often provide better compression than PNG or JPEG, which means faster downloads and less data consumption.
Use zamzar.com for converting.
Be careful of next-gen image fonts as not all browsers support them yet.
https://www.betcode.org.uk - The top promo codes for the betting industry including exclusive codes and offers.
fullbenefit (20 November 2019)
You can use <picture> tag for browsers which not support next-gen image fonts.
Here is the article https://medium.freecodecamp.org/make-your-website-load-lightning-fast-with-webp-images-cf55c98ac0a2
I've just migrated to Kinsta and it's insane. The TTFB has reduced from 200ms to 50ms. I'd thrown the kitchen sink at it, and the site loaded sub 1 second, but really it was the hosting that made the biggest difference. Even using a CDN slows down the site now.
MMM (15 April 2019)
The bold txt is what I and others have been saying for literally years. If you seriously want to make a go of being an affiliate, then you need to invest in quality hosting, 1'st and foremost.
Found this might be of interest to some:
https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/banned-plugins/
Hello !
The speed of your website will increase the internal optimization. You can do internal optimization yourself. First of all, you need to choose an engine for your platform and fill your site with content. If you are going to create a blog or online store, then I personally advise you to PrestaShop. I created my first website based on free modules at https://myprestamodules.com/. I assure you that this is the best option for creating a website with a simple and intuitive interface.
If you are going to create a blog, then just using wordpress itself is all that is needed, whether you design your own template or use a third party is a decision that should be based on one's own skill sets.
As many have said previously, having a fast host as well as optimizing the images is how to increase speed, not moving to anther platform.
Rick
Universal4
Former Member 14 (2 August 2019)
I am using "Lazy Load for Videos"(Wordpress plug-in)
Lazy Load for Videos
https://wordpress.org/plugins/lazy-load-for-videos/
.
Interesting plug-in, but it appears it is another plug-in that does something that is not needed and would be much faster doing manually.
Every single plug-in added to a wordpress website ADDS overhead.
Rick
Universal4
IDK if you realize this but a high % of members these days (unlike in our day) can barely code.
So while I agree coding it "manually" is far better and faster, than deploying umpteen-dozen plugins (even to do the basic of tasks), most members it seems, have no other choice. Hence why we are always seeing these type of threads.
TBH WP itself while it's a good CMS, it's not exactly secure, nor fast out of the gate. It requires optimization.
NB - By default (when installing WP automatically) it sets ALL DB permission on (alter, create, create temporary tables, delete, event, index, lock tables, select, trigger, alter routine, create routine, create view, drop, execute, insert, reference, show view, update).
That's one major security risk right there!
Instead, all one requires to run WP are the following:
- Alter
- Create
- Delete
- Index
- Select
- Drop
- Insert
- Update
My suggestion (as always) get a decent hosting account. If your serious about being an affiliate, that is. While there are some decent WP hosts around, you wont get one for chump-change - spending peanuts, you get what you pay for.
drifter8 (20 June 2019)
I agree that more webmasters rely on plugins to perform the work some simple code could easily replace.
Many many of plugins suggested on a regular basis can be replaced with simple html code, instead of plugins that make additional queries to the database, and any time that can be done will always be faster then a plugin
Rick
Universal4
As long as Google Speed insights says its ok, then no need to worry!
1. Optimize the size of images on your website
2. Move your website to a better host
3. Reduce the number of plugins
HTTP/2 speeds up your website without any changes to your existing codebase.
I recommend to tweak it if you are running your site with cloudlfare. It's great when it comes to loading images faster..
don't forget that you can speed stuff up with cloudflare
Lazyloading FTW. I use blazy JS https://github.com/dinbror/blazy
Using a browser cache is a really good way to speed up your website.
I use the plugin called WP Fastest Cache with the Cheetah icon, it works wonders.
I hope this helps.
drifter8 (28 June 2019)
I think to do this
Choose a better host and optimize the size of images.
Tips bet | Review etairies stoiximaton