View Poll Results: Is the joining together of operators and affiliate programs good for affiliates?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Good

    5 6.33%
  • Good

    6 7.59%
  • Neutral

    10 12.66%
  • Bad

    11 13.92%
  • Very Bad

    33 41.77%
  • Not Sure

    14 17.72%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 113
  1. #21
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,210
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,106
    Thanked 3,521 Times in 1,844 Posts

    Default

    I look forward to hearing more about it.
    Can't pass judgment without hearing all the facts after CAC.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  2. #22
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerprofits View Post
    Let me put an idea out and please give me your thoughts:

    Let say they organization does go ahead after the meeting at CAC how would you feel if the format was as follows:

    A board of 9 people

    3 Opeartors

    3 Affiliates

    3 from Associations - say GPWA, PAL, AGD or APCW


    Lets say that these 9 people would responsible for approving programs and giving the organization seal, dealing with rougue operators even if they do not carry the seal and the ones that carry the seal, setting up say 1 event per annum.

    How would you feel about that????
    I would like to suggest that the guys from GIA be included in that group as well. They represent the players, affiliates and operators. They have been around long enough to be apart of any major changes/decision that are made.

    IMO this will give everyone a voice and a variety of views.

    Shaun, I appreciate you being the 'spokesperson' for the group. You have very wide and solid shoulders and can handle it my friend.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to GamTrak For This Useful Post:

    wagerprofits (5 March 2009)

  4. #23
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    I wanted to point out to those who are concerned that this new group will somehow conspire to screw over affiliates.

    1. Do you trust the people you work with?

    2. They can't screw us via a conference call, chat room, forum, IM? They don't need a publicly announce group to do this. In fact i would advise any businesses that seek to collude, to not publicly announce they've formed a group.

    3. Do you trust the people you work with?

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmCan For This Useful Post:

    casinobonusguy (6 March 2009), Spearmaster (5 March 2009), stgeorge (5 March 2009), wagerprofits (5 March 2009)

  6. #24
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmCan View Post
    I wanted to point out to those who are concerned that this new group will somehow conspire to screw over affiliates.

    1. Do you trust the people you work with?

    2. They can't screw us via a conference call, chat room, forum, IM? They don't need a publicly announce group to do this. In fact i would advise any businesses that seek to collude, to not publicly announce they've formed a group.

    3. Do you trust the people you work with?
    1) Did affilaites trust grand prive before they got screwed, did they trust card spike, i am not saying that that these affiliates will do that, just saying trust has been abused before has it not?

    2) with respect i think that is naive, they have not announced it publicly it was announced by gambling911 and would not have been otherwise, and a minimum of 65 affiliate programs is a little but more than say an IM or conference call etc

    3) see 1

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Betpartners For This Useful Post:

    GamTrak (5 March 2009)

  8. #25
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Hi Robin

    No worries as you know I only want to the best for the community and the industry ( sorry if that sounded like a false kiss ass comment).

    I have jut had an email exchange with GIA so lets see what happens.

    Thanks

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by GamTrak View Post
    I would like to suggest that the guys from GIA be included in that group as well. They represent the players, affiliates and operators. They have been around long enough to be apart of any major changes/decision that are made.

    IMO this will give everyone a voice and a variety of views.

    Shaun, I appreciate you being the 'spokesperson' for the group. You have very wide and solid shoulders and can handle it my friend.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to wagerprofits For This Useful Post:

    GamTrak (5 March 2009)

  10. #26
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Betpartners

    I cant speak for Grand Prive or Card Spike, I can only speak for Wager Profits I will only be part of this association if everything is clear from day one, and the right people and the right terms are in place.

    As for informing eveybody as to the plan it was my understanding that it had been fed out to a number or media outlets, I know the guys that run G911 and I gave them them the PR, people can slam G911 all they like that is there choice but if you want a PR put out these arethe guys to spread the word.

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    1) Did affilaites trust grand prive before they got screwed, did they trust card spike, i am not saying that that these affiliates will do that, just saying trust has been abused before has it not?

    2) with respect i think that is naive, they have not announced it publicly it was announced by gambling911 and would not have been otherwise, and a minimum of 65 affiliate programs is a little but more than say an IM or conference call etc

    3) see 1

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to wagerprofits For This Useful Post:

    Renee (5 March 2009)

  12. #27
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerprofits View Post
    Betpartners

    I cant speak for Grand Prive or Card Spike, I can only speak for Wager Profits I will only be part of this association if everything is clear from day one, and the right people and the right terms are in place.

    As for informing eveybody as to the plan it was my understanding that it had been fed out to a number or media outlets, I know the guys that run G911 and I gave them them the PR, people can slam G911 all they like that is there choice but if you want a PR put out these arethe guys to spread the word.

    Shaun
    Again Shaun its only you, you gave the PR, your on here explaining, it is eye opening that none of the others are prepared to be so open.

    This may well turn out ok in the end but if this is how it is handled then it does not fill me with confidence, i dont mean you Shaun because you are the only one here explaining.

    You have even commented yourself about the transparancy of this.

  13. #28
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Its is possible that other opeartors think my comments on this BB are not appropriate, to be honest I am not really that concerned, I want transparancy in this industry and i feell that after such a public statement more thought to the affiliate community should have been given as a number of affiliates are feeling very vulnerable and i cant blame them.

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    Again Shaun its only you, you gave the PR, your on here explaining, it is eye opening that none of the others are prepared to be so open.

    This may well turn out ok in the end but if this is how it is handled then it does not fill me with confidence, i dont mean you Shaun because you are the only one here explaining.

    You have even commented yourself about the transparancy of this.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to wagerprofits For This Useful Post:

    Betpartners (5 March 2009)

  15. #29
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerprofits View Post
    Its is possible that other opeartors think my comments on this BB are not appropriate, to be honest I am not really that concerned, I want transparancy in this industry and i feell that after such a public statement more thought to the affiliate community should have been given as a number of affiliates are feeling very vulnerable and i cant blame them.

    Shaun
    This is the worrying part Shaun, if other operators think that, then there is an issue somewhere.

    Hopefully if this does come to fruition everyone is of the same making as you and has the same morals and ideals.
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  16. #30
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Chalkie

    I have no idea if they will want me to part of the board of whatever gets put in place, i think a lot of operators might find my posts and my input a bit to controversial, I have no idea why!!!!!!!!


    Shaun



    please do me a favour and remove that line, it kills me to read that every time i read one of your posts.....


    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
    This is the worrying part Shaun, if other operators think that, then there is an issue somewhere.

    Hopefully if this does come to fruition everyone is of the same making as you and has the same morals and ideals.

  17. #31
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerprofits View Post
    Chalkie

    I have no idea if they will want me to part of the board of whatever gets put in place, i think a lot of operators might find my posts and my input a bit to controversial, I have no idea why!!!!!!!!


    Shaun



    please do me a favour and remove that line, it kills me to read that every time i read one of your posts.....
    If you remove that line Chalkie you will lose all respect, i suggest you put it in bold
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  18. #32
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Remove my signature?

    Never!

    Infact i may just have it added to my business cards too. Then you will see it in black and white at CAC.

    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  19. #33
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Thats it you asked for it.........



    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
    Remove my signature?

    Never!

    Infact i may just have it added to my business cards too. Then you will see it in black and white at CAC.


  20. #34
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default



    You just wait!
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  21. #35
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Bring it on....


    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post


    You just wait!

  22. #36
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Hey Guys,

    Has been in interesting thread. I am Affiliate manager at affcorner.com and we are number 66 I guess.

    Some inside information, and these are facts:

    1. Agenda for first meeting NOT set.
    2. Only 1 proposed item so far(and again not set in stone) is re: CAP fallout (and I was the one how suggested it)
    3. Anyone can see who is going I think, try this link (remove xx)
    xxhttp://sites.google.com/site/gapoperatormeetingagenda/Homexx


    I am a new program here with some time till I build up credibility, but there is no reason to think anything negative at this point. I will update you here and other forums as news comes forth.
    "CasinoJack"


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to casinojack For This Useful Post:

    wagerprofits (5 March 2009)

  24. #37
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    taken from chips thread from the CAP post:

    Perhaps what the industry needs is an independent non-profit organization providing certification and related services, along the lines that Microgaming spearheaded with Ecogra for Operations Certification, i.e. an organization funded by the operators with common pricing and clear rules and a code of conduct. We would certainly be interested in participating or being in the forefront of such an initiative.
    __________________
    Shaun O'Neill


    I am slowly beginning to warm to this idea until the common pricing part. Take that out and it looks slightly appealing, the problem is it is in there in the first place.

    The whole of the above statement is good (especially when read along with the proposal Shaun made earlier stating that it should be made of people from all disciplines)on the provision that it is independant 100%

    i.e. the operators selected to run the organisation are chosen by all of the member operators, the AM's are chosen by all of the member AM's, the affiliates chosen for the roles are chosen by any affiliate that wishes to vote for them and the GPWA and other organisational members of the organisation are voted for by the relevant organisations. This could then work and work well.

    The only problem i see is the mention of common pricing. This will give an unfair advantage to the established operators and not allow new operators to offer an edge to help them gain a foothold.

    Common pricing can, however, be good in the right instance. A cap in the rakeback industry has worked well for instance and without one the industry would quite possibly have self destructed.

    Having said the above I still think that GPWA should be allowed this role, however, and think that the real reason for trying to set this up is to save operators a bundle of dollars in the main.

    If this new organisation becomes the frontrunner in our industry where will it leave the GPWA? Will the operators decide that there is no need to pay the GPWA for sponsorship? This is a major worry to me.
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  25. #38
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    I have thought more about this and it just does not feel any better to me

    I cannot get away from the concept that it will be affiliate programs certifying affiliate programs, affiliate programs policing affiliate programs in the event of one of them doing a rogue action.

    I also do not see the affiliate programs allowing affiliates and affiliate representatives having the majority on any panel.

    Now affiliate programs need their own organisation i accept that, they are entitled in the same way that affiliates have organisations like GPWA, but the problem will always be that they will ultimatly act in their own interests and their own interests will not always benefit affiliates.

    If affilaites are represented but are outvoted on a decision then it would be very difficult for them to then come out publicly and say they disagree without resigning their position on any panel.

    As an example if the GPWA was on this panel and a decison was made then how could the GPWA then come on here and say that they were against this decison, it would undermine the whole concept from word go.

    This thing is going to happen be assured, it is driven by finances, the CAP debacle was the straw that broke the donkeys back but they would not be setting this up if certification was free.

    Now i may be accused of assumptions etc but mark my words this is detrimental to affiliates and affiliates will not get equal voices in this.

    I hope i am well wrong but i dont see it
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  26. #39
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Guys

    Still a long way from any thing firm let teh CAC meeting happen and then we can have clear idea on what the plan is.

    Thanks

    Shaun

    P.S check this out boys............


    Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Arsenal

    FA Youth Cup sponsored by E.ON, White Hart Lane Thursday, March 05, 2009, 19:45

    COME ON..........................

    WHO IS YOUR DADDY..........................



    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    I have thought more about this and it just does not feel any better to me

    I cannot get away from the concept that it will be affiliate programs certifying affiliate programs, affiliate programs policing affiliate programs in the event of one of them doing a rogue action.

    I also do not see the affiliate programs allowing affiliates and affiliate representatives having the majority on any panel.

    Now affiliate programs need their own organisation i accept that, they are entitled in the same way that affiliates have organisations like GPWA, but the problem will always be that they will ultimatly act in their own interests and their own interests will not always benefit affiliates.

    If affilaites are represented but are outvoted on a decision then it would be very difficult for them to then come out publicly and say they disagree without resigning their position on any panel.

    As an example if the GPWA was on this panel and a decison was made then how could the GPWA then come on here and say that they were against this decison, it would undermine the whole concept from word go.

    This thing is going to happen be assured, it is driven by finances, the CAP debacle was the straw that broke the donkeys back but they would not be setting this up if certification was free.

    Now i may be accused of assumptions etc but mark my words this is detrimental to affiliates and affiliates will not get equal voices in this.

    I hope i am well wrong but i dont see it

  27. #40
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerprofits View Post
    Guys

    Still a long way from any thing firm let teh CAC meeting happen and then we can have clear idea on what the plan is.

    Thanks

    Shaun

    P.S check this out boys............


    Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Arsenal

    FA Youth Cup sponsored by E.ON, White Hart Lane Thursday, March 05, 2009, 19:45

    COME ON..........................

    WHO IS YOUR DADDY..........................
    Youth cup, bloody youth cup, is that the best you can do

    I reckon its firming up Shaun, there is already a page put up on the net asking for agenda suggestions but only from affiliate programs, not affiliates.

    Invites have been sent to all programs so to me this is a very serious proposition.

    In addition you have left CAP and congratulations on that brave decision btw but the thread has not been removed from CAP and a response there is interesting albeit very sarcastic in stating that your withdrawal from CAP has nothing to do with this new GAP thing.

    Now dont jump down my throat Shaun on this but i expect more programs to leave shortly and the questions will be asked why now?

    A coincidence of timing? why not last week? or when this whole thing exploded and it was obvious what CAP had done.

    Yes mate this GAP thing is firming up and is becoming a reality and if as it mission statement says this is for everyone why are no affiliates invited to give agenda suggestions, why have no affiliates been invited to the discussion.

    And it is easy to locate affiliates, there here.
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •