Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51
  1. #21
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    I am about 300 miles away from London,so i think i will give that a miss!!!!

    Why go see seo experts when you can read about it on the internet!!!!!

    I have gathered from my Google searches that everybody has different opinions on SEO........and that is because "nobody actually knows" except Google!!!!!They keep their alogrithms locked away in a sealed vault and they keep changing them too!!!

    It is a bit like trying to find the recipe for coca-cola on the internet!!!!.....NO CHANCE!!!....LOL

  2. #22
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    You can also try our very own GPWA Member - Gary the Scuba Guy, ( I think thats what he is called ) although I haven't seen him on the boards for a while...

  3. #23
    catchingsmoke is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    well if it's Gary you're after I can get him a message seeing as he's about 20ft away from me in the office XD.

  4. #24
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    No thanks......i prefer to read about seo on the internet and draw my own conclusions!

    I read about what Matt Cutts has to say a lot(Top Google guy)

  5. #25
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    My response was actually aimed at Lunarauarora as he/she started the thread looking for an SEO company.

  6. #26
    catchingsmoke is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    I think you have to take anything Matt Cutts says with a pinch of salt, after all it's not like he isn't going to have any agenda what so ever in things he says.

  7. #27
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Seeming as he is the guy who changes Google`s alogarithms and was the guy who "invented" the "nofollow" tag!.......i have a huge amount of respect for him!

  8. #28
    catchingsmoke is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    1stly I don't think one man is responsible for Google's algorithm changes, secondly, I'm not saying that you shouldn't listen to Cutts, I'm just saying that not all SEO is whiter than white, who here that is ranking well can say that they've never bought a link. Matt Cutts would say you shouldn't because that is the official google line. Point being you have to filter what he says into what Google wants you to think and what you actually should think. Personally I prefer to test things out myself, but to each there own, remember the old adage, don't believe everything you read.

    But I think we're getting off topic XD

  9. #29
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Exactly!!!!!....everybody has their own views on SEO

    I have read lots of seo consultants saying they do not believe a Google "Sandbox" exists!....and it is a myth!!!!

    But from my own experience of owning a website,i was ranking in position 28 for my keywords for 8 months from launch,and then after 8 months, "Overnight",i jumped to the 1st page of results!!!!!!....so i would say "YES" ...there is a Google "sandbox" for new websites!!!!!!

  10. #30
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    the sandbox does exist and google have admitted it. I personally was stuck in it for exactly 1 month. the length of time you are in there depends on who quickly you can get trust from google, i.e quality trustworthy links

  11. #31
    catchingsmoke is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    see I'm still not sold on the sandbox, I've seen sites that have come straight in for top terms, I know it does exist to a point, but not to the stage where every new website is put straight into it.

  12. #32
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    According to Matt Cutts......the length of time a new website is "dampened"(he hasn`t officially declared a Google sandbox)....depends on what "subject" the website is about!!!.....with financial and websites about money having the longest stays in the "sandbox"......it is to stop spam sites from achieving high rankings and to give Google more time to spot the spam sites!!!!!......unfortunately all the good webmasters have to suffer too!!!!

    I only came out of the Google sandbox last week!!!!!!!......i have noticed that over 20 pages of my site from been know where in the search results are now hitting the 1st page of search results for their keywords too!!!!!!.....i thought i was going to be in the sandbox forever!!!!....lol

  13. #33
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freebetsuk7 View Post
    No thanks......i prefer to read about seo on the internet and draw my own conclusions!

    I read about what Matt Cutts has to say a lot(Top Google guy)
    there is a lot of info on the net about SEO and most of it is rubbish. SEO isn't hard and there is no silver bullet either, it's all about testing what works for you. with Matt Cutts, you have to take what he says with a pinch of salt sometimes as his job is to rid google of spam. one way he can do that is to keep banging a certain drum, so people think they can't anything other than what he and google says

  14. #34
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Yes i have just started to realize how easy seo is!!!!!.....it is getting to know how the internet ticks that is the hardest part.That took me 4 years!!!!....lol.....but now i know what i am doing i think my site will soon shoot up the rankings!!!!!

  15. #35
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freebetsuk7 View Post
    Yes i have just started to realize how easy seo is!!!!!.....it is getting to know how the internet ticks that is the hardest part.That took me 4 years!!!!....lol.....but now i know what i am doing i think my site will soon shoot up the rankings!!!!!
    just whatever you do mate only change 1 thing at a time though. that way you can see what works and what doesn't, as long as you have the basics right it then just becomes a job of tinkering and finding whats right for your site

  16. #36
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    I have got so much to do though i do not know where to start first!!!!....lol....at least i have made my homepage xmasy!!!!...lol

    I did not realize how expensive it is to put just one link on another website!!!!!........i have been quoted thousands of pounds/year just for a text link!!!!!!!.....Betbrain quoted me £3000/month!!!!!!!.....lol

    I think i will have to put my prices up in 6 months time if my pagerank increases!!!!!.....i am far too cheap!!!!.....lol

  17. #37
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    there are a few in the industry that really do think a link from them is worth a lot more than it actually is. another tip, don't worry about page rank, i don't even have the pr toolbar on. with links relevence is the key

  18. #38
    Freebetsuk7's Avatar
    Freebetsuk7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    SCARBOROUGH,ENGLAND
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Yes it does seem expensive to put a link on another websites homepage mate!!!!!......but that seems to be key to success in this game!!!!

  19. #39
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    from past experience there is about 5-10 sites that are ridiculous in their advertising rates. and a final tip for the night before I go bed is if you do ever buy or sell links make sure you do it privately away from open forums etc

  20. #40
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I don't have too much experience in this but in the time I have I learn a few things. PR is not that important,why? because PR tool is changed in certain amount of time however the real PR changes constantly. For example go and buy a domain with PR from someone that has a few sites directing to the site. when they sell the site they will going to take out the links. Probably you will have the PR of the toolbar intact until the next PR update but the real PR probably was changed already in Google database. One more thing new sites can rank. I have seen 1 month sites rank #1. I have a 1 month old site that is ranking in the first page and is a medium competition kw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •