Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
  1. #41
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    I think 19 is a bit too much... I would love to be a fly on the wall to see how they manage through the day... not to mention the financial aspect of it all. I dont want to paint a super mom picture here but we are built for this so we find ways to cope with whatever life brings our way.

    @Rene, I used to think exactly like you..didnt think I had it in me but, its only because mentally I was not ready. You cant rush these things and you will know when and if you are ready. One thing I can promise you though is... You will definitely succeed. Kids dont come with instructions so we all begin in the same boat but its worth the ride irrelevant if its rough or calm seas.

  2. #42
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    WHY? That is my question. By the time the 19th is old enough to know who you are you will be dead! I think that's very irresponsible but that is my opinion.
    .
    I have seen other cases where couples feel the need to have more and more children. I think there are several factors that can make a couple do this:

    • Their culture ( certain countries are well known for having multiple kids)
    • Religion like Catholics, Mormons, etc
    • How supportive the husband is. If your husband is not 100% backing you up monetarily, then I see it very difficult for a woman to keep having kids.
    • Economy ( many times governments help family with multiple kids)
    • Ignorance and total disregard for the wellbeing of the kids. In many cases you see family with lots of kids where the poor kids are so neglected by their parents and their parents just keep having more and more.

  3. #43
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Yes correct. Plus in my country back in the day, it was common to have large families. My father in law (who is 70yrs old) is one of 13 siblings so its not such a long time ago. Of course nowadays we have gone from large families to 1 if any which is sad in many ways. Today's life style tends to dictate far more than I would it to and I wonder if we brought this on ourselves.

  4. #44
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    The planet is over populated. Imagine if every person on the planet had 19 children. The human race would become extinct very quickly IMO.

    Some time ago the population in Australia started going backwards because people were not having as many kids or they started having kids much later in life which would have meant there were old people and very young people and nothing in between to keep the economy going. So the government started giving out a "baby bonus". As you can imagine, the people who were having kids for the bonus were not the ones the country probably needed. It was the "westies" who were already on welfare and probably smoking weed every day. They got the money and spent it on a plasma tv. There is quite a joke about it here. Anyway they have stopped doing that now.

    That woman with 19 kids has spent probably half or more of her life pregnant and existing primarily to look after other people. I can't imagine she has had much of a life of her own. That wouldn't be a satisfactory life for me. Then again, I'm very ambitious and as I said earlier, I don't have the maternal gene so maybe I am the one who is short sighted.

    I don't know that I will ever have children. By the time I do get that maternal gene kicking in I feel that I will probably be too old. I wouldn't want to risk having a child knowing that I may never get that feeling. I don't think that would be very fair to the kid.

    Don't get me wrong, I love playing with young kids around 4-5 years old but I'm also very happy to give them back

    This discussion about the woman with 19 kids made me think of this video. I thought it was very well made and it's very true.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HB3xM93rXbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    p.arena (22 May 2014)

  6. #45
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    As you can imagine, the people who were having kids for the bonus were not the ones the country probably needed. It was the "westies" who were already on welfare and probably smoking weed every day. They got the money and spent it on a plasma tv.
    Agree totally, Renee.

    When I was in uni I used to work at the local Coles supermarket on weekends and you'd see ferals with 4 or 5 kids. They'd be swearing at them in the store and sounded like total druggos. Felt sorry for the kids, it wasn't their fault.. what hope do they have being raised in that type of environment?

    Personally I think people should have the right to have as many kids as they want, but it should be up to the individual to pay for themselves. If you want 8 kids that's cool but you'd better work hard for yourself to provide for them. Between the baby bonus and other fortnightly payments it is the taxpayers that end up paying.

    Increasing the birthrate by throwing money at people does not solve the underlying problems of an ageing population if the next generation is brought up with a mindset that they do not need to contribute anything to society.
    Last edited by p.arena; 23 May 2014 at 12:07 am.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to p.arena For This Useful Post:

    Renee (1 June 2014)

  8. #46
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Hi Renee,

    This a decision only you can make and you are very much entitled to it. No such thing as short sighted, everyone is the right to freedom of choice and if you think this is what you want then people should support your wishes.

    I agree re the video, it was excellent and almost made me cry. We tend to forget and take things for granted in life so these videos sort of put you in your place at times.

    Regards,
    Rebecca


    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    The planet is over populated. Imagine if every person on the planet had 19 children. The human race would become extinct very quickly IMO.

    Some time ago the population in Australia started going backwards because people were not having as many kids or they started having kids much later in life which would have meant there were old people and very young people and nothing in between to keep the economy going. So the government started giving out a "baby bonus". As you can imagine, the people who were having kids for the bonus were not the ones the country probably needed. It was the "westies" who were already on welfare and probably smoking weed every day. They got the money and spent it on a plasma tv. There is quite a joke about it here. Anyway they have stopped doing that now.

    That woman with 19 kids has spent probably half or more of her life pregnant and existing primarily to look after other people. I can't imagine she has had much of a life of her own. That wouldn't be a satisfactory life for me. Then again, I'm very ambitious and as I said earlier, I don't have the maternal gene so maybe I am the one who is short sighted.

    I don't know that I will ever have children. By the time I do get that maternal gene kicking in I feel that I will probably be too old. I wouldn't want to risk having a child knowing that I may never get that feeling. I don't think that would be very fair to the kid.

    Don't get me wrong, I love playing with young kids around 4-5 years old but I'm also very happy to give them back

    This discussion about the woman with 19 kids made me think of this video. I thought it was very well made and it's very true.

    <iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HB3xM93rXbY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to QuasarAffiliates For This Useful Post:

    Renee (1 June 2014)

  10. #47
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Yes Totally agree.

    Poor kids...they dont even get a chance at a better life. What sort of standards and education will they have if their parents are not even able to set a good example.

    Regards,
    Rebecca

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to QuasarAffiliates For This Useful Post:

    Renee (1 June 2014)

  12. #48
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Can anyone recommend a good mosquito repellant (for kids and adults) which is odorless?

    Thanks,
    Rebecca

  13. #49
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuasarAffiliates View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good mosquito repellant (for kids and adults) which is odorless?

    Thanks,
    Rebecca
    To apply it to the skin or to plug it to the wall?

  14. #50
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Can anyone recommend a good mosquito repellant (for kids and adults) which is odorless?

    Thanks,
    Rebecca

  15. #51
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Hi Maria,

    To apply to the skin. Summer season has begun so with it comes mosquitoes and my daughter gets bitten pretty badly at times. it is still not warm enough to turn on the a/c so we currently leave a window ajar (with insect screens) but they still manage to get through and leave their mark.

    I have tried Jungle repellant which seemed fine last night but i dont think it is strong enough for outdoors.

    Thanks,
    Rebecca

    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Florides View Post
    To apply it to the skin or to plug it to the wall?

  16. #52
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuasarAffiliates View Post
    Hi Maria,

    To apply to the skin. Summer season has begun so with it comes mosquitoes and my daughter gets bitten pretty badly at times. it is still not warm enough to turn on the a/c so we currently leave a window ajar (with insect screens) but they still manage to get through and leave their mark.

    I have tried Jungle repellant which seemed fine last night but i dont think it is strong enough for outdoors.

    Thanks,
    Rebecca
    If it is just a single window you leave open, try placing a fan that blows right across the window. The mosquitoes will not want to fly across the wind stream and as a result, they should stay out of your home.

  17. #53
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    If it is just a single window you leave open, try placing a fan that blows right across the window. The mosquitoes will not want to fly across the wind stream and as a result, they should stay out of your home.
    Shay, you are so right! I was going to suggest the fan, this works every time for me. I also use aroxol mat, you plug a small machine to the wall and insert the tablet ( making sure to keep a window open).

    Poor things, she must be really suffering with the bites

    All the best!

  18. #54
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.arena View Post
    Agree totally, Renee.

    When I was in uni I used to work at the local Coles supermarket on weekends and you'd see ferals with 4 or 5 kids. They'd be swearing at them in the store and sounded like total druggos. Felt sorry for the kids, it wasn't their fault.. what hope do they have being raised in that type of environment?

    Personally I think people should have the right to have as many kids as they want, but it should be up to the individual to pay for themselves. If you want 8 kids that's cool but you'd better work hard for yourself to provide for them. Between the baby bonus and other fortnightly payments it is the taxpayers that end up paying.

    Increasing the birthrate by throwing money at people does not solve the underlying problems of an ageing population if the next generation is brought up with a mindset that they do not need to contribute anything to society.
    Yep exactly.

    The last point is a biggie. It drives me nuts when I see young kids who think everything should be served to them on a silver platter and that their parents should be paying their way in life. When i was 15 I had a job and since then I have never asked my parents for a cent. If my friends were going to the movies or somewhere and I didnt have the money, I didnt go.

    Anyway rant over

    Quote Originally Posted by QuasarAffiliates View Post
    Hi Renee,

    This a decision only you can make and you are very much entitled to it. No such thing as short sighted, everyone is the right to freedom of choice and if you think this is what you want then people should support your wishes.

    I agree re the video, it was excellent and almost made me cry. We tend to forget and take things for granted in life so these videos sort of put you in your place at times.

    Regards,
    Rebecca
    Yeah the video made me a bit teary too. Also made me realise that I should give my mum more credit. She used to tell me that she wanted to kill herself because my sister and I were devil children. My poor mother! Although I suppose that's what happens when you have 2 kids who are almost the same age!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  19. #55
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Yep exactly.

    The last point is a biggie. It drives me nuts when I see young kids who think everything should be served to them on a silver platter and that their parents should be paying their way in life. When i was 15 I had a job and since then I have never asked my parents for a cent. If my friends were going to the movies or somewhere and I didnt have the money, I didnt go.

    Anyway rant over
    Yeah, I'm the same Renee. I used to work 3 jobs and was working 7 days a week and evenings too. I think I need to be careful not to spoil my little dude I don't want him to end up with that type of mentality where everything gets handed to him easily so he values hard work.

    Finding it very hard not to spoil him though


  20. #56
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.arena View Post
    Finding it very hard not to spoil him though
    Well, he IS very cute.

    You could always spoil him now when he doesn't know any better and get it out of the way!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  21. #57
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Ohhhhh he is adorable! Go ahead and spoil him rotten. When he begins to understand, then you can start to hold back. My daughter is 2 and I make it a point to make sure she understands some basics about values. Right now its all about our magic words (Please and thank you) and caring for her toys.

    Such a beautiful smile!

    Regards
    Rebecca

  22. #58
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Rebecca!

    yeah we do spoil him heaps already plus because he's the only grandchild for my parents plus my wife's parents side, I think he's going to be very popular at xmas time haha

    Good idea, positive teaching like that and encouraging kids when they do the right thing is the way to go

  23. #59
    QuasarAffiliates is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 88 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Oh yes tell me about it... grand parents doing their job, but then again I guess its Ok especially when they are rewarded for achievements or good behavior. They do tend to get expensive....lol

    My only disapointment, is that I cannot spend more time with my kid. But then again, I am not the only one facing this.

    Regards,
    Rebecca

  24. #60
    AcePlayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AE-Martyn View Post
    I found going from 1 kid to 2 harder than going from 2 to 3 kids. The 3rd just seems to slot in to the lifestyle you currently lead - the kid has no choice.

    The only real difference is a little less sleep, you need a bigger car and holidays cost more.
    Funny you should say that. I just traded in my Camry for a Highlander over the weekend! Needed that third row of seats lol
    Our latest US friendly online casino portals: Online Casinos USA and Gambling.gg are dedicated to helping United States players find the best online casinos for their gaming needs.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to AcePlayer For This Useful Post:

    AE-Martyn (9 June 2014)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •