Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 110
  1. #81
    BeckyCA's Avatar
    BeckyCA is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    iGB DownUnder will definitely be in March and I am 90% sure it will be the week before the grand Prix in Melbourne so if people want they can do our event and then fly me to Melbourne and entertain me in the best box there is - I promise to send at least one depositing player who isn't me

    So dates are likely to be march 24th and 25th but waiting on a few details - reason its taking a while is we are working with another events company who are going to holding a more mainstream conference for land based and online sports betting market

    I for one can't bloody wait!
    Alexxxx!! Any thoughts about coordinating this with AIG? I believe AIG is March 2-4 or something like that...would be cool to have these events somewhat close together so I can pop over from Macau

    Grand prix in Melbourne sounds SICK, I'll go with you!! haa!!!

    Bex

  2. #82
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    I would do but the problem is we already have this other partner who has this event that is more relevent and in Sydney and they won't move earlier as they have another event in Feb - I also went to AIG last year and although it was good fun I personally didn't get a great deal of value from it, I think the problem is it was full of Europeans I already knew and isn't really an affiliate event - Wish I could go back for the fun part but can't quite justify it.

    Looks like you are going to clock up some ridiculous miles this year - Upgrades on you!
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  3. #83
    BeckyCA's Avatar
    BeckyCA is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    All good, I'm sure I can find a way to spend my time between the 2 events!!

  4. #84
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Damn London Jan then I am planning a SA trip I hope to be in Feb and now March is down under I would love to go to see a few of my mates down under Renee being one of them! I am up for the low carb beer

  5. #85
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    With all of the term changes, the affiliate problem at Rome here, the europartners stats, the late payments etc. How does anyone afford to go to conferences? Besides mortgage payments, college tuitions and a dozen other things that affiliates are struggling for and trying to make a decent living. How can one expect the 'average affiliate' to attend this? Or maybe it's not for the average affiliate after all.

    Operators are supposed to be 'cutting back because of hard economical times' and that cuts into affiliates. They 'are failing' and asking to change terms. Yet we are jetsetting everywhere! For what exactly? What is the value? From what I've been told there is very little ROI! It's the same ole same ole affiliates going over and over agian!

    I'm pretty sure no one likes me for this post.

    I don't think I will Ever understand multiple confencences while programs are Cutting Costs!

    What is the SECRET?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    casinobonusguy (28 September 2009)

  7. #86
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    27,842
    Thanks
    2,182
    Thanked 7,880 Times in 4,968 Posts

    Default

    I agree with much of that Mojo.

    The programs keep forgetting about the thousands and thousands of small affiliates that will advertise a brand and sign maybe 1 or 2 players a year... Although those affiliates may not make a lot of money with the program, they help with branding and in reality cost the program zero.

    The programs claim to care about that small affiliate, but then they create (or change to) terms and conditions that require an affiliate to meet a quota in order to be paid which essentially is nothing but a slap in the face to hundreds and sometimes thousands of smaller affiliates.

    Often these are the programs that go to conferences and make the sweet deals with the larger affiliates, and some times those deals are unattainable by affiliates that do NOT attend, thus only the larger affiliates gain.

    Not all programs that attend the conferences fall into this category obviously. But the most viable and strongest programs on the market are the ones that care for that small affiliate that only signs 1 or 2 players a years and pays them regardless of what the volume is.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  8. #87
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Martyn it wouldn't surprise me if you had a stalker.. Your fancy shoe collection is probably more fascinating than most women

    Alex and Becky - I will most likely be in Melbourne the weekend of the Grand Prix, so please count me into anything planned.

    Becky - if you spend your extra 2 weeks in or around Sydney, I promise to hang out with you when I can

    bonustreak it would be AWESOME if you could get your ass down here too...

    mojo and universal, I wish you guys could make it down here.. for once though, this is a conference that wont cost us an arm and a leg to attend, or the affs that live on this side of the globe (which is probably the argument they have for not attending the european conferences).. I can totally understand where you're coming from, and that's probably the reason I don't get sent to conferences either.. but I'm going to take this one for what I can and get in there. I'm really sorry that you guys won't be able to attend.. It just wont be the same without you
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    bonustreak (28 September 2009)

  10. #88
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    So it was all talk!!!!!!

    Becky I am hurt we are done.

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by BodogBecky View Post
    oh my god, noooooo!! Shaun!!!!! Please say we are not done, pleaseeeeeee. I'm currently working on my main piece from BAC, it is entitled, "Shaun O'Neil, the igaming love of my life". Do you forgive me now?

  11. #89
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Universal4 and Mojo

    I just wanted to address a few of your points no real order.

    Not all programs are changing terms ect most of us are still paying affiliates on time so no reason why people can not afford to go.

    Again not all operators are cutting back some of us are spenidning more than ever to retain and help you guys attract players.

    As fo rthe same group of affiliates attending that is true there is always a core group of 25 - 30 affiliates that you see at every event but but then you have bucket load of new affiliates at every event.

    Can i ask have either of you ever been to one of the events?

    Thanks

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    With all of the term changes, the affiliate problem at Rome here, the europartners stats, the late payments etc. How does anyone afford to go to conferences? Besides mortgage payments, college tuitions and a dozen other things that affiliates are struggling for and trying to make a decent living. How can one expect the 'average affiliate' to attend this? Or maybe it's not for the average affiliate after all.

    Operators are supposed to be 'cutting back because of hard economical times' and that cuts into affiliates. They 'are failing' and asking to change terms. Yet we are jetsetting everywhere! For what exactly? What is the value? From what I've been told there is very little ROI! It's the same ole same ole affiliates going over and over agian!

    I'm pretty sure no one likes me for this post.

    I don't think I will Ever understand multiple confencences while programs are Cutting Costs!

    What is the SECRET?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaun O'neill For This Useful Post:

    bonustreak (28 September 2009)

  13. #90
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    1,976
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 993 Times in 607 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    With all of the term changes, the affiliate problem at Rome here, the europartners stats, the late payments etc. How does anyone afford to go to conferences? Besides mortgage payments, college tuitions and a dozen other things that affiliates are struggling for and trying to make a decent living. How can one expect the 'average affiliate' to attend this? Or maybe it's not for the average affiliate after all.

    Operators are supposed to be 'cutting back because of hard economical times' and that cuts into affiliates. They 'are failing' and asking to change terms. Yet we are jetsetting everywhere! For what exactly? What is the value? From what I've been told there is very little ROI! It's the same ole same ole affiliates going over and over agian!

    I'm pretty sure no one likes me for this post.

    I don't think I will Ever understand multiple confencences while programs are Cutting Costs!

    What is the SECRET?
    This has to be the most realistic post I have seen here in a while.I think every affiliate needs to go to at least One Conference but to go several times a year really is just for the partying and networking.I think the programs feel obligated to go or next thing the rumor will be they cannot afford to pay the sponsorships.I rather see them stay home and start flying affiliates to see them LOL.Any one in South Africa listening? hahaha

  14. #91
    AE-Martyn is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 763 Times in 434 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    I rather see them stay home and start flying affiliates to see them LOL.Any one in South Africa listening? hahaha
    If we paid for our affs to go to these conferences and we stay at home....we wouldnt be there to talk to them...or is that the point? lol!

    We would never meet for lunch again!

  15. #92
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    I think there is the fear that if noone is sent at all we may miss out on some new affiliates that just happened to show up too.. no easy way unfortunately.

    I agree with Shaun though - not all programs are changing terms etc.. and to be honest, in the just over 4 years that I have been with Rewards Affiliates, we have only ever had a booth twice.. The first time was at the Affiliate Summit in Vegas 2006, and the second was in Barcelona last year.

    cbg - I would LOVE it if it was the way you mentioned. Pay for the affiliates to come see us, or vice versa, just go on a trip to see a few affiliates at a time. It's just a matter of convincing the bosses that it's more profitable.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    bonustreak (28 September 2009)

  17. #93
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    I met at least 10 affiliates in Budapest that have never been to a conference before and I think at least 6 of them are planning to go to London so it must have been a good business adventure for them. I don't need to go to the conferences or depend on them but I enjoy them and I enjoy traveling so yes I go and I have a damn good time Then there is the question on who do you market too? We are currently working on building up a nice non USA player base so yes it is nice for me to go to the EU conferences and pick up new contacts and make nice business deals to help Streak Gaming with other non USA markets. It is good business for us to attend so we plan on continuing to attend conferences.

    Then there is the fact that I work my azz off and if traveling is what I enjoy to do then I will for sure do it and do it totally guilt free because I earned it.

    I have noticed many companies sending less people, not having booths, not sponsoring parties etc so I believe many have cut back in their own way. Also I think that Alex and the team are keeping all this in mind so they move it around to make it easier for new affiliates to get to the conferences. Trust me if we didn't live in the USA they would be having kick ass conferences here that we all would benefit from.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to bonustreak For This Useful Post:

    Renee (29 September 2009)

  19. #94
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    1,976
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 993 Times in 607 Posts

    Default

    Martyn
    I didn't mean you send affiliate to the conference and you stay home lol.I mean fly them to See you in UK .You must be sniffing the bleach again lol.

    We fly to see our aff managers on our own time ,I find it has several benefits.We get to go on a vacation(London in January is NOT A VACATION LOL) and since we only travel to places highly saturated with aff managers we get to spend more quality time with our managers.

    We are going to South Africa in 2010 so you have been warned Renee lol

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casinobonusguy For This Useful Post:

    Renee (29 September 2009)

  21. #95
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    I wanted to add further comments on this:

    No being big headed but i seriously think I had the booth that had the most traffic in Budapest day one it was so busy i could only *** twice, it was crazy i would say something like 95% of the affiliates that came to the stand i had never seen, as bonustreaks says she enjoys to travel ect so these events are perfect a few days of business and few more of seeing the country.

    We will be in London an be in london and we will have stand all the time we see value in taking the stand we will attend, when we do not get the ROI we attend without the stand, my situation is differant to most as we have only been live for 6 weeks.

    See in Sweden in November or London in January.

    Thanks

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by bonustreak View Post
    I met at least 10 affiliates in Budapest that have never been to a conference before and I think at least 6 of them are planning to go to London so it must have been a good business adventure for them. I don't need to go to the conferences or depend on them but I enjoy them and I enjoy traveling so yes I go and I have a damn good time Then there is the question on who do you market too? We are currently working on building up a nice non USA player base so yes it is nice for me to go to the EU conferences and pick up new contacts and make nice business deals to help Streak Gaming with other non USA markets. It is good business for us to attend so we plan on continuing to attend conferences.

    Then there is the fact that I work my azz off and if traveling is what I enjoy to do then I will for sure do it and do it totally guilt free because I earned it.

    I have noticed many companies sending less people, not having booths, not sponsoring parties etc so I believe many have cut back in their own way. Also I think that Alex and the team are keeping all this in mind so they move it around to make it easier for new affiliates to get to the conferences. Trust me if we didn't live in the USA they would be having kick ass conferences here that we all would benefit from.

  22. #96
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    Martyn
    I didn't mean you send affiliate to the conference and you stay home lol.I mean fly them to See you in UK .You must be sniffing the bleach again lol.

    We fly to see our aff managers on our own time ,I find it has several benefits.We get to go on a vacation(London in January is NOT A VACATION LOL) and since we only travel to places highly saturated with aff managers we get to spend more quality time with our managers.

    We are going to South Africa in 2010 so you have been warned Renee lol
    I may be planning a trip to South Africa next year myself, so please let me know when you'll be there and if I'm there at the same time I'll be sure to meet you for a coffee

    [ I'm in Sydney, Australia BTW just in case you thought I was in SA ]
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  23. #97
    AE-Martyn is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 763 Times in 434 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    Martyn
    I didn't mean you send affiliate to the conference and you stay home lol.I mean fly them to See you in UK .You must be sniffing the bleach again lol.
    I ran out of bleach, I was on the lighter fluid. Maybe it was the change that caused my moment of tardness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    [ I'm in Sydney, Australia BTW just in case you thought I was in SA ]
    Whatever Renee, you still speak funny!

  24. #98
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWC-Martyn View Post
    I ran out of bleach, I was on the lighter fluid. Maybe it was the change that caused my moment of tardness.



    Whatever Renee, you still speak funny!
    Bah! At least I can pronounce the important words correctly... i.e. the "u" sound in certain words should sound like "ah" not "oo"...

    Aussie accents are AWESOME just quietly.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  25. #99
    TrishOZ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    33
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 59 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Aussie accents are AWESOME just quietly.
    I'll second that

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to TrishOZ For This Useful Post:

    Renee (1 October 2009)

  27. #100
    AE-Martyn is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 763 Times in 434 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Bah! At least I can pronounce the important words correctly... i.e. the "u" sound in certain words should sound like "ah" not "oo"...

    Aussie accents are AWESOME just quietly.
    U to sound like ah?

    So Umbrella = Ahbrella, Queen = Qaheen, Unidentified = Ahnidentified, Funny = Fahnny?????

    I think I figured out why you....sorry yoah gahys speak funny....or fahnny.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •