Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default Catching up to do!

    I haven't been around in awhile. I have missed everyone here and it's good to see new faces too.

    So .. what's new? What is the most important event in your life this year of Two Thousand Ten? Personal or professional, doesn't matter.

    The most important thing for me is that the most important people in the world to me are moving back home. They have been gone 6 years. Now that's important. Especially since one of them is my 2yr old grandson who I now have full rights to spoil and it is my duty.

    Important is the word of the day. We all know that folks in this biz love to talk about themselves.

    So let's have it. What is the single most important thing in your life this year?
    Last edited by mojo; 10 August 2010 at 12:24 am.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    casinojack (11 August 2010), Vrindavan (18 August 2010)

  3. #2
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    I am going to have a kid at the end of oct! I'd be lying if I didn't say that was most important....can't wait!
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexpratt For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  5. #3
    best.hands is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    So .. what's new? What is the most important event in your life this year of Two Thousand Ten? Personal or professional, doesn't matter.
    I was promoted twice this year. Two ranks hire from where my position was before. Hard work really works in a professional environment as well as wit to surpass fast paced trauma.
    Last edited by best.hands; 10 August 2010 at 3:34 am.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to best.hands For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  7. #4
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    I am going to have a kid at the end of oct! I'd be lying if I didn't say that was most important....can't wait!
    Cause for celebration! Congrats alex.

  8. #5
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Nothing very important is going to happen to me. I will be 75 next month, but that is not important. Of course, it would be important if I managed to increase my revenue substantially. But even that is not very important. Perhaps it is my age which makes me see things happening outside my private world as really IMPORTANT, for good or for bad. Climate changes, wars, hunger and all what I follow every day on TV are more important for me now than whatever I do or whatever happens to me.

    Thank god that some important things happening are on the positive side of the balance sheet as well. For example, I read in an Indian Newspaper several months ago that a little Indian girl of 11 living in some village in Eastern India had not only managed to ward off her own child marriage, but managed to make the entire village community pledge that child marriage will not happen there. As far as I know, she was then invited by the President of India as an honoured guest. That is important. And such important things are happening daily all over of the world.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nandakishore For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  10. #6
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nandakishore View Post

    Thank god that some important things happening are on the positive side of the balance sheet as well. For example, I read in an Indian Newspaper several months ago that a little Indian girl of 11 living in some village in Eastern India had not only managed to ward off her own child marriage, but managed to make the entire village community pledge that child marriage will not happen there. As far as I know, she was then invited by the President of India as an honoured guest. That is important. And such important things are happening daily all over of the world.
    I don't think it could get more important than that nan. And bah at 75. Just a number my friend.

  11. #7
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    Personal.... My wife lost one of her brothers a couple weeks ago. His death was sudden and unexpected so we're still in shock. Apparently it was a massive heart attack. His death reminds me that life is short and we never know when our time will come. A re-evaluation of priorities means I'll be spending more time with family and less time working. So, to answer your question... Family is the most important thing for me in 2010.
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  12. The Following User Says Thank You to thepokerkeep For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  13. #8
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I don't think it could get more important than that nan. And bah at 75. Just a number my friend.
    And I forgot to mention one important thing that has happened - that Paula you are back again

  14. #9
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nandakishore View Post
    And I forgot to mention one important thing that has happened - that Paula you are back again
    I love you nan. Always have, always will. You are the kindest man. We are privaledged to have you.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (10 August 2010)

  16. #10
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepokerkeep View Post
    me that life is short and we never know when our time will come. A re-evaluation of priorities means I'll be spending more time with family and less time working. So, to answer your question... Family is the most important thing for me in 2010.
    There is no one like you terry. Thank you for sharing your wifes loss. We lose someone on a regular basis it seems. We need someone in hard times. I was listening to a song. Just dance.
    Last edited by mojo; 10 August 2010 at 4:22 am.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    thepokerkeep (10 August 2010)

  18. #11
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    My health is something I should be thankful for. I find good health gives everything else meaning and pleasure.

    greek39
    Greek39

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pgaming For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  20. #12
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Professionally, revs and traffic are building more and more each month. It is a huge motivator for me to continue.

    Personally, my wife and I celebrated 10 wonderful years of marriage, we are taking our first "true" vacation (no laptop for me) this month. And I have managed to go past one year without undergoing any surgeries. Was under the knife a minimum of once a year (sometimes twice) in '06, '07, '08 and '09!!

    So happy to have you back with us Paula, we have missed you!
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Chips For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  22. #13
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    Like Alex, I will become a father for the first time in October (early October).

    I am quite nervous but excited - one thing for sure, my perspective has already changed and it's my focus.

    Nothing else seems to matter now for some reason

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to SlotsAff For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  24. #14
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Hi Mojo we missed ya !
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Puma For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  26. #15
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I'm glad your back and healthy Mojo.
    It's hard to say that there is only one most important thing this year. I'd probably have to say "family". I'm getting married in October, which is new this year. At the same time I've had a great year with my son. So, it's a mixture between the two.

    Cheers!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to LiveCasinoPartners For This Useful Post:

    mojo (10 August 2010)

  28. #16
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    I love hearing these! Congrats !

    A lot of milestones this year.

  29. #17
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    It's so lovely to read about all the positive stuff going on in people's lives

    I guess this year has a few things for me.. but the next few:

    I started working for Rewards Affiliates 5 years ago today. When I got to the office this morning Yaniv had left a beautiful card on my desk (with a drunk kangaroo on the front that says "cheers mate" - said it reminded him of me) which he had absolutely butchered with text that made me cry (it was nice stuff of course), and some coconut cakes that his wife made with chocolate chips in them (they were so yummy).

    Being in the company for 5 years they have a really nice dinner for you at a restaurant of your choice with the 4 owners/operations guys and 4 people from the company of your choice. I chose the Altitude Restaurant which is at the top of the Shangri-la Hotel in the Rocks. It's full glass windows around the outside and has a beautiful view of the harbour bridge, opera house and sydney harbour. Breathtaking views in fact.. Although I had to push the date of my dinner back a couple of weeks, I'm really looking forward to it

    Then in 2 weeks I'll be turning 27, which means I'm another year closer to 30. That scares me actually. I feel like I'm still 20 years old. Although looking at the people around here who vary so much in age, I suppose it shouldn't scare me at all.. I'll still be fun when I reach 75..

    BTW Nando, I never would have guessed 75 when I met you in Prague. I would have guessed late 50s/early 60s. Happy Birthday in advance

    On top of that, I'm doing something I've never done in my life and I haven't told anyone what that is yet. I plan to do it and tell people afterwards, so I will have to post again here after I've done it
    I guess it's probably not a huge deal to most.. not too exciting to anyone else apart from me

    Then the end of September will mark our company's 10th anniversary. So the company is having a huge ball for almost every person who has worked at the company. I'm very much looking forward to it, just gotta buy a pretty frock now

    Apart from the work stuff, I'll be heading to South Africa at the end of the year for a wedding. Not mine. And will hopefully get to see some of the industry peeps I haven't seen in awhile. I'm very much looking forward to it.

    And welcome back Mojo
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    mojo (11 August 2010), Nandakishore (11 August 2010)

  31. #18
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    I have just been counting the days you were away Mojo...

    Glad your back!
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    mojo (11 August 2010)

  33. #19
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Maybe I should undress some thoughts for old time sake. Not sure were to begin for every negative a positive lies somewhere.

    For starters my affiliate earnings have dropped to nil. But I have expanded into more lucrative avenues and having a blast. Never really put my full effort in.

    My car is a pile a crap and I am in need of new one. But instead I purchased cool Mountain and BMX bike deciding to reduce my carbon footprint by biking everywhere. Thus far no injuries.

    The price of cigarettes keeps growing so I grew my own tobacco for a while then quit.

    I have been betrayed by a few people in this industry and realized who my real friends are.

    My mama had Aortic surgery and almost left the planet I appreciate her even more now.

    I helped a struggling teen get back on their feet again to realize my woes are really trivial.

    My son is twelve now and can be handful but he carries me.

    There was once a mojo who I dearly missed but is back now. WTG mojo welcome back stay as long as you like.

    greek39
    Greek39

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to pgaming For This Useful Post:

    mojo (11 August 2010)

  35. #20
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Hey Mojo, nice to see you back

    Important: well Spurs made the champions League this year, does that count?
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Betpartners For This Useful Post:

    mojo (11 August 2010), Renee (11 August 2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •