View Poll Results: Is Your Website Mobile Responsive

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all of my websites are mobile responsive

    23 52.27%
  • No, none of my websites are mobile responsive

    3 6.82%
  • No, but I plan to make them mobile soon

    4 9.09%
  • Some of my websites are mobile responsive

    13 29.55%
  • What does mobile responsive mean?

    1 2.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Mobile Responsive Website

    With mobile being so popular I am curious how many webmasters have made their website(s) mobile responsive. Personally the only website I have done so with is a mobile specific website I own. My other websites I have not taken the time to make mobile responsive. While they look "ok" viewing with a mobile device, but the text is small and a lot could be done to make it better for mobile users.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    I have a custom Wordpress template I designed to be mobile responsive and use that for most my sites barring one which I've had a few years and would be hard to make mobile responsive so just leaving that one for now.

  3. #3
    sportsfreak is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Mostly going with the themes from flytonic as basis and good news is they all are responsive by nature, highly recommended actually.

  4. #4
    philgun's Avatar
    philgun is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I use Zurb foundation which is a responsive frame work for my new sites. Once you get your head around how it works you can get it to work and flow the content how you want for different screen sizes.

  5. #5
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Creating a responsive website is not too hard ... creating a version of the website for small screens that still conveys the same information is much harder.

    I saw the FIFA created a responsive website for the World Cup ... as did ESPN FC ... both were awful.
    Trite things with poor navigation and low informational value ...

    It's certainly more of a design challenge than a technical challenge.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (18 July 2014), ALEX777 (25 August 2014), Nibor (24 July 2014), ocreditor (21 July 2014), suffolkpoker (18 July 2014), universal4 (18 July 2014)

  7. #6
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    I think mobile-friendly site is a must, otherwise you get bad rep when a user happens to visit your site on his mobile device. It might be his favorite site actually but if he sees you don't have a mobile version you'll just look as if you're living in the 2000s. Example: For years now I'm using livescore.com to check the scores, but on mobile it looks lousy, doesn't load properly, doesn't refresh properly, and asks me to download the app. So I just use an alternative site which loads properly on mobile without any fuss.

    I wouldn't want to be stuck with a great site which isn't mobile friendly, because then there are only two solutions - create a new design for the mobile site (100% work), or redesign the whole website and get a mobile version automatically created (100% work). Any solution in between would be just a temporary fix and would create more problems down the line. Don't do what livescore.com did.

    My main sites are mobile friendly, as they're fresh designs created not so long ago. OddsNavigator isn't mobile friendly but it's in pre-alpha testing stage and it will be an easy fix as I'll just remove the left & right columns, keeping the central one.

    I'm against apps as a solution. You can have an app but it shouldn't be the only way to access your site properly on mobile. Many people, myself included, don't like to have too many apps on their phone. Perhaps they just want to visit the site and won't necessarily go as far as making a long term committment by downloading the app.

    If anyone needs more detailed advice about their site, just PM me.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (20 July 2014), Nibor (24 July 2014), ocreditor (21 July 2014)

  9. #7
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    Some of my websites are mobile responsive. But not all of them. It is extra work and I only do that if it is a big/important website.

  10. #8
    thebay is offline New Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I think the industry has now moved away from the pure mobile sites. The screens of smartphones are big enough now so the way to go is the responsive themes. Most of the new wordpress themes are responsive so not much work needed there. Also, responsive sites are great for brand reasons as the site looks consistent from every device.

    Cheers,

    thebay

  11. #9
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    I think mobile-friendly site is a must, otherwise you get bad rep when a user happens to visit your site on his mobile device. It might be his favorite site actually but if he sees you don't have a mobile version you'll just look as if you're living in the 2000s. Example: For years now I'm using livescore.com to check the scores, but on mobile it looks lousy, doesn't load properly, doesn't refresh properly, and asks me to download the app. So I just use an alternative site which loads properly on mobile without any fuss.
    Interesting that you want sites to embrace mobile - but reject the current end game of mobile - the dedicated mobile app. I've got the Livescore app on my tablet and phone and like it.

  12. #10
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    I found myself hitting the 'view desktop version' of sites more frequently because of missing information in the mobile versions.

    For example NBA box scores often have just the points/rebounds/assists and don't show any other stats that the full site includes (e.g. Yahoo Sports).

    Found there was a quick fix in Chrome where you can just click Settings > Request Desktop Version and it automatically shows it each time.

    I think it's important to have a quick link to view the desktop version on mobile devices, some sites don't and it can be annoying to a user that is accustomed to the full site.

    The WBX site is optimised for mobile and tablet, and when a user first views the site they have the option to choose which interface they prefer, you can see the option page here: http://www.wbx.com/sitepref/

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to p.arena For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (20 July 2014)

  14. #11
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.arena View Post
    Found there was a quick fix in Chrome where you can just click Settings > Request Desktop Version and it automatically shows it each time.
    Super useful! Thanks!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    p.arena (20 July 2014)

  16. #12
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Some of my sites are mobile responsive. The rest are on my TO DO list.

  17. #13
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Super useful! Thanks!
    you're welcome, glad it helps

  18. #14
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Interesting that you want sites to embrace mobile - but reject the current end game of mobile - the dedicated mobile app. I've got the Livescore app on my tablet and phone and like it.
    I think they're two different things. Some people browse app stores, some people search on Google. The latter aren't as likely to download the app, that's more work than signing up for a newsletter. And it's the website they wanted in the first place, obviously.

    Peter brings up an interesting point, some users will want the full desktop version if the mobile one isn't fully functional.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  19. #15
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,365
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,109
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,838 Posts

    Default

    All my sites are responsive this is the future

  20. #16
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    some responsive sites are horrible to navigate. Good tip on the chrome settings, didn't know

  21. #17
    robertmedl's Avatar
    robertmedl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 128 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Chrome Mobile Emulation is a great tool.

    "Chrome has received a number of improved mobile emulation tools which can be accessed by enabling the Emulation panel through the Settings panel."

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to robertmedl For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (22 July 2014)

  23. #18
    harrisrando is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Is a lot easier this days to make your site mobile friendly, especially if you use Wordpress. I recommend WPtouch Mobile Plugin - they provide enough customization for a free plugin

  24. #19
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Most of my newer sites are responsive, but not all - for example on a site that reviews and offers flash games I wouldn't make it responsive as the user couldn't play them anyway and I'd rather they come back on a desktop. In this case I may have a banner or alert for a more suitable site for mobiles (eg: a mobile casino games site).

    All of my older sites aren't responsive at all though, but most look 'ok' on a mobile (or are at least readable). As gooner said, it's quite tricky to make info-heavy sites responsive especially if you use a lot of large tables.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  25. #20
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
    Some of my websites are mobile responsive. But not all of them. It is extra work and I only do that if it is a big/important website.
    I do the same thing. If the website is receiving decent traffic and some from mobile devices I have taken the time to make the site mobile responsive. The problem as others have pointed out here is that is it easy to do with wordpress as you can use a theme that is mobile responsive. The problem lies in getting your content to look right on the mobile. If you are just writing and putting text up it is not a big deal but when you start to add images and some custom looking tables etc, you have to make sure they look right when it goes to mobile. That is the time consumer.

    Anyone know of a tool out there that will let you look at the site through different devices? I use to use gomobile to make my mobile sites and you could preview how it looked on different devices, iPhone, Galaxy, Blackberry etc. It was great but I havent found anything out there that allows you to do that if not using gomobile.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •