Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67
  1. #41
    big fish is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,157
    Blog Entries
    29
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 92 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    That is total BS.

    lou never made this post. the evidence is clear as day.

    in the doctored screenshot that is supposed to be proof, his age listed at the supposed time of posting is WRONG.

    This is simple BS.

    lou is a great guy and an asset to this industry.

    i applaud michael corfman for standing up for what is right.

    anyone who wants to hurt this industry should find another one!
    - Big Fish - Gambling.org Founder -
    Gambling.org: Learn about legal online gambling in the USA with trusted reviews from gambling experts since 1996.

  2. #42
    joeyl's Avatar
    joeyl is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 140 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    43 - 2 = 41.

  3. #43
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big fish
    That is total BS.

    lou never made this post. the evidence is clear as day.

    in the doctored screenshot that is supposed to be proof, his age listed at the supposed time of posting is WRONG.
    Unfortunately, the post the screenshot of which you say is "fabricated" was quoted by Michael Bluejay:

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...2064#post32064

    And specifically:

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...64&postcount=3

    Since the thread was deleted, the link in his post no longer works. He then comments in more detail here:

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...48&postcount=5

    Are you saying that Mr. Bluejay quoted a post which didn't exist, of which a screenshot was then fabricated?

    You suggest his age is wrong. His age was 41 in 2005. We're now in 2007, and his age is 43 as per his current posts. Two years later and he's two years older. How is this an problem for you?

  4. #44
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up

    This is not enjoyable in the slightest. Something wierd about this internet stuff. I do have some additional proof of this event occuring. Not sure if it carries any weight though. Must always remember the net is huge recorder. Deleting posts is the same as deleting info off your own P.C. always recoverable.

    I could poke around some more perhaps ask my teamsters to join in. I do have a different screen shot which all can verify.

    BTW: There is no way the screen shot is doctored.

    http://web.archive.org/web/200503110...ograms.com/bb/ There is more proof but what is the point? Lou has done many great things. I wish him all the best.

    greek39
    Last edited by pgaming; 13 March 2007 at 12:21 pm. Reason: adding to post

  5. #45
    big fish is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,157
    Blog Entries
    29
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 92 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael Corfman
    In Lou's case there seems to be divergent views about exactly what happened on a long-ago deleted thread and what it meant. This is what Lou told me:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Professor
    I am not in the business of selling databases nor have I ever been. You frequent CAP enough to know we have ALWAYS advocated responsible marketing practices by affiliates. We have come out on numerous occasions as being clearly against SPAM, Scumware and Blackhat practices. I think everyone knows that. The post that allegedly took place was from two years ago. I did NOT make that post. It's either a total fabrication or it's a post made by a person with admin access we had a problem with several years ago and let go.
    Now we can debate the past here, but what is important from my perspective is the present. Lou is clearly opposed to unethical marketing practices. You are simply not going to see him supporting the selling databases of players by anyone on the CAP site. I support Lou in this position.

    The bottom line is that the gambling portal webmaster community has no tolerance for selling player databases in the sort of fashion that has been discussed in this forum. Period. End of story.

    And I think we can all agree it is a good thing that there is unanimity on that front.

    Michael
    I agree with Michael...
    - Big Fish - Gambling.org Founder -
    Gambling.org: Learn about legal online gambling in the USA with trusted reviews from gambling experts since 1996.

  6. #46
    joeyl's Avatar
    joeyl is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 140 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Well I think the affiliate community is showing almost unanimous tolerance for the selling on of a player database by another rather high profile member of the affiliate community. You guys buy it was an ex mod with a grudge without any supporting evidence whatsoever? Which mod then? Let's have it.

    Where is this intolerance thing then anyhow? Do show. Maybe I missed it amonst the pompoms and the conspiracy theorists .

    Fact - I won't tolerate it. Fact - I resigned in disgust alone. 1 mug punter? Fact - Others got barred for daring to comment on their own or other websites.

    Absolute waste of my time commenting here.

    Carry on with your websites.

  7. #47
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 323 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    I received a CD in the mail a few weeks ago from a casino I never even heard of. Wasn't too happy about that.

  8. #48
    Captain's Avatar
    Captain is offline In Memoriam, 1958-2010
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    2,108
    Thanks
    629
    Thanked 138 Times in 82 Posts

    Default

    Hey My Friends,
    I thank God almighty for my great friend Lou. He is a good man and friend I have known for along time. My friend Lou has done much good for the industry and will continue to do so. I thank Michael for all he has done for the industry as well. I think GPWA and CAP Rocks without a dought. Thank God for friends.

    Cheers,
    Captain

  9. #49
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    This was posted by someone around the same time. Two years later...untouched; no reprimand, no comment, nothing.

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...43&postcount=1

    I am the owner of FastTrackSports.com. I am looking to sell my database as I will be shutting down soon. (I am opening a sports memorabillia store, real and online).

    The database includes: (all include email address, home address and full name)

    2,500,000 subscribers from the former espnsportsbook.com
    3,500,000 subscribers from the former sportsplaynow.com
    3,000,000 subscribers from the former ecasino.com
    This character was selling players home addresses.

    In case that didn't sink in first time around, I'll repeat it:

    This character was selling players home addresses.

    Beyond belief.

  10. #50
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up

    This person has the right idea dating current to 2007.

    Selling information on individuals without their permission is unethical and disgusting and under no circumstances is it acceptable behavior.
    However not quite sure if this person accepts or not? dating back to 2003.

    If the database contains credit card data then it IS illegal and a serious breach of security.
    If its merely a client list, even if it contains name, address, phone, email, demographics and even game preference or spending habits then its not. While we as consumers don't appreciate retailers or merchants sharing or selling this type of data it's a very common practice.
    When you sign up for anything or make a purchase online (or offline) the prudent thing to do is ask for and inspect the merchants privacy policy. If they don't have one or duck the issue you can assume they can and will sell or swap your data with other merchants. At that point its your perogative to leave without completing a purchase or providing info you dont want shared.
    NEVER assume that a privacy policy is in place or that you are covered under some sort of blanket "law".
    The more recent 2006-2007 threads.

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...ight=databases
    http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...k&cd=102&gl=ca

    Not trying to kick up a storm here, Just sharing some insight.

    Because of the sensitivity of the matter it would be wise to make no sense. I hope the boat the yorktown springs a leak taking with her the DT and the whole empire. Business partners I would say.
    greek39
    Last edited by pgaming; 18 March 2007 at 7:45 pm. Reason: adding to post

  11. #51
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

    Default

    Caruso:

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...ale.5263.html?

    thats the thread. March 2005, one post, no replies, no private messages. No one saw it or replied to it in any way. Perhaps the guy will sell it now that you are pointing attention to it and publicizing his email.


    Greek,

    the full thread contains a lot of answers, it is the one referred to earlier here, the one where I edited out the contact information, where CAP members attacked the poster, and that eventually got archived.

    What is the matter with you Greek? If you are going to present something as "interesting fact", please don't post distorted, edited versions. I hardly expect that sort of thing from you.

  12. #52
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    Caruso:

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...ale.5263.html?



    What is the matter with you Greek? If you are going to present something as "interesting fact", please don't post distorted, edited versions. I hardly expect that sort of thing from you.
    Ah nope http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...ight=databases

    greek39

  13. #53
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

  14. #54
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up Dominique

    I thank you Dominique. I guess the only point worth driving home would be the selling of personal databases is unjust, immoral, and insane. From a players perspective this would be crossing that line of privacy. Players addresses, phone numbers, emails, wagers, account numbers, should never be on the auctioning block.

    To often I hear, “where did my players go”, “I am being spammed to death”, I received a CD in the mail from a casino I never signed up for”, “oops my Neteller account just got wiped” etc….

    The wickedness of people who endorse and practice such filth should be dealt with. But I am not the judge and executioner, the court of law maybe so oblidged. I realize this sort of conduct runs rampant in this industry. I do find it rather ironic the very industry we try and protect is no better than the unjust situation we all find ourselves in. The best we can do is find some common ground and agree this is unacceptable behaviour.

    I know quite well Dominique you have been a supporter of such ideals.

    #10 01-03-2007, 08:05 AM
    Dominique
    Moderator - Big Kahuna Join Date: Feb 2003
    Location: the boonies
    Posts: 10,020

    Selling information on individuals without their permission is unethical and disgusting and under no circumstances is it acceptable behavior.
    __________________
    dominique
    greek39
    Last edited by pgaming; 18 March 2007 at 10:00 pm.

  15. #55
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up

    I am affraid not professor, Dominique is clearly against such practices. Driving a "wedge" between the GPWA and CAP what purpose would that serve? I am disappointed you may feel this way. But you entitled to your opinion something I can respect. For myself well if I am "liar" it must be true because you said it. Maybe others may not feel the same.

    http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.com/bb/10-gigs-of-databases.18711.html?&

    BTW: as stated earlier for speaking up

    P.S Watch what happens to me over the next couple of months or years.


    greek39
    Last edited by pgaming; 19 March 2007 at 10:17 am. Reason: adding to post

  16. #56
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominique
    Perhaps the guy will sell it now that you are pointing attention to it and publicizing his email.
    Agreed, that is an issue. But it highlights the continuance of a pattern, and has value in that regard. I think the "risk" is worthwhile if it leads to a greater intolerance of this sort of thing at CAP. It was unnecessary of you to quote the link itself, as it now has even greater exposure. I don't understand your purpose in doing that in light of your comments.

    I would be interested in Fabiano's current take on his original database sale offer. Does he regret it? That would be a good stance, though a pretty unfortunate state of affairs for an experienced affiliate. Or does he still deny the existence of that thread, in spite of the screenshot and Michael Bluejay's comments at the time? That is an unacceptable stance as an apparent "super affiliate" and representative of / leading light to a lot of other affiliates.

  17. #57
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

    Default

    You forced me to link to it because my link shows that no one took interest while yours makes it seem like the database was sold. Your link was misleading. Please consider honesty and full disclosure in future when quoting from somewhere.

  18. #58
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    Dominique, that is a very rich. I quoted the link, the post and the intent: selling of player database. How is this dishonest, non-disclosive or in any way anything beyond a fully factual post?

    Fabiano, on the other hand, has denied the existence of the database sale thread, followed by allegations that it wasn't he, but that his account was accessed by a malicious moderator who went on to post under his handle, and copying his posting style very closely.

    Who is being dishonest? Who is not disclosing the truth?

    Or is there now a different version? If so, what is it? You are in the best position, beyond Fabiano himself, to give us the definitive low-down on this event. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

    You forced me to link to it because my link shows that no one took interest while yours makes it seem like the database was sold. Your link was misleading.
    How is posting the exact same link indicative of anything other than a click through to the exact same page? What an odd remark.

  19. #59
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

    Default

    Yours did not show the lack of response, mine did. I am done with this.

  20. #60
    joeyl's Avatar
    joeyl is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 140 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Interesting.

    Apparently :: A wierdo lately posted at Cap, a database is for sale, so MrRacetrack could point me towards an unbeknownst to me copy of a thread of 2 years old which a screenshot was taken of by another member of the alleged conspiracy, possibly knowing I for one would not stand for Lou arguably selling me and other players out and speak up where others will hide, through fear of upsetting Lou perhaps, thereby using me as a patsy to start trouble between Cap & the GPWA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •