A bit late in responding to this, but I've been away on holiday. Given the accusation, I have to comment even at this later point. I head up the Sun Bets affiliate programme and have worked on it since its inception.
Sky Bet is operated by Bonne Terre Limited (Alderney) which to my (and generally all of our) knowledge is owned 80% by CVC Capital Partners and 20% by Sky plc. Affiliate contracts were with Bonne Terre Limited (Alderney). Thus CVC have the controlling stake - so I can't see how Murdoch can have influenced the decision to close their programme.
Sun Bets is operated by Tabcorp UK Limited (
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09815995). You can see in the various documents on the previous link that this is owned by Tabcorp Europe Holdings Ltd (Isle of Man) and ultimately it is owned by Tabcorp Holdings Limited (Australia) which is publicly traded. Whilst Sun Bets is a joint venture between Tabcorp & News UK (Murdoch) - you can see that the holder of the operating license is not owned by Murdoch. Affiliate contracts are with Tabcorp UK Limited.
I set out the key elements of the Sun Bets affiliate T&Cs (
http://sunbetsaffiliates.com/terms-conditions/) and I would challenge you to find a more fair set of terms for any UK facing operator.
If you go back through my posts on here I hope you can get a sense of my ethos regarding affiliate marketing - which fortunately Tabcorp chose to support. There is an obvious gap in the UK affiliate market behind bet365 and that is what we want to fill with our programme.
That is not to mention that you are transacting with a UK company which means most affiliates have a relatively easy recourse through the courts if there is a breach of the terms - when Tabcorp could easily have hidden the programme behind an overseas company if they so wished. There is no catch all termination clause (like the one Sky has invoked, and like almost every operator has) - they are written to be genuinely fair (you will note we do not and never have promoted "lifetime revenue share" anywhere, as the terms clearly state that there are cases where we can terminate, and thus it would be misleading for us to do so). We feel that is in line with being "fair".
Further, we publicly share our gross to net deductions, have developed more robust affiliate tracking than any other operator & make more data available than any other operator for affiliates to view (plus hourly stats updates).
All of this is done with the aim of trying to get affiliates to trust in our programme (ignoring any distaste for the brand generally) and I've had a few conversations today where the misleading information in your post is doing the opposite.
Now to more a more helpful point...
Someone mentions during this thread that Bonne Terre Ltd is dissolved. As far as I can tell, this is not true. Sky Bet is operated by Bonne Terre Limited Alderney which is a completely unrelated company to the dissolved UK company Bonne Terre Ltd.