Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 248

Thread: Statsremote?

  1. #101
    Online-casinos.co.uk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 35 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    For Nifty stats do you have to give your login and password when you ask for a new program like you had to do with stats remote?

    Thanks for the system time trick to get back into stats remote by the way, really didn't fancy going through every program and changing the password!

  2. #102
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    1,012
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 449 Times in 292 Posts

    Default

    Thanks! This appears to work. Statsremote finally opened when I changed the date to Jan 5 as recommended.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokerface For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (8 January 2017)

  4. #103
    PeeP is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Very strange situation here indeed. Have been using SR for ages now and it really has been very valuable for every Euro i have paid before.

    Now when i switched cpu date back to 5th of Jan, i am able to start my SR, but it won't update anything nor it is after switching back to current time software still running.

    Software keeps popping this error window regularly now..

    "Error. java.security.cert.CertificateException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Path does not chain with any of the trust anchors"

    Don't know about the Java message, but i have the latest version of Java installed for sure.


    Cheers guys and lets hope the best that he/they will bounce back on the track asap..

  5. #104
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    789
    Thanked 567 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeP View Post
    Very strange situation here indeed. Have been using SR for ages now and it really has been very valuable for every Euro i have paid before.

    Now when i switched cpu date back to 5th of Jan, i am able to start my SR, but it won't update anything nor it is after switching back to current time software still running.

    Software keeps popping this error window regularly now..

    "Error. java.security.cert.CertificateException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Path does not chain with any of the trust anchors"

    Don't know about the Java message, but i have the latest version of Java installed for sure.


    Cheers guys and lets hope the best that he/they will bounce back on the track asap..
    To get the stats updated do:

    1. Close SR
    2. Set your device date prior or at January 5th (you did it)
    3. Re-open SR, you will be prompted with a message such as "Your system date is wrong... ect..."
    4. Click "Ok"
    5. Go to another tab such as "Last Month" or "Yesterday" or whatever you want. Stay there for a bit, till a new popup warns you that the date on your device is wrong. Don't click "ok"!
    6. Set your correct date, now click "ok"
    7. SR will start to count the new stats

    It's weird, I know.

    Alternatively, you can proxy the SSL certificate through your site if you have it as "https" or with another service like CherlesProxy or similar. But this is a big pain in the ass...

    NiftyStats: doesn't work with Parallels too on Mac(s). Stats never download.
    Last edited by dfiocch; 8 January 2017 at 3:05 pm.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dfiocch For This Useful Post:

    Chips (9 January 2017), CPReport (8 January 2017), Maxus (13 February 2017), Online-casinos.co.uk (10 January 2017), sunsation72 (8 January 2017)

  7. #105
    sunsation72's Avatar
    sunsation72 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 108 Times in 59 Posts

    Default

    this worked for me ... would be nice if there were an update so the netrefer stats would show up. but at least it opens up. thanks for letting us know how to do this.
    Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there’s footprints on the moon.

  8. #106
    Muppet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 655 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    This is a damn shame. I'm hoping Stats Remote is resurrected but with their secure subdomain certificate expired and their primary domain about to expire on Jan 27 it looks abandoned to me. I looked through the jar file with a hex editor and it looks like development was outsourced to a company called EBS Romania which is now part of another company called NTT Data. Maybe that is a clue for those of you trying to follow up on this.

    I just tried Nifty Stats using Windows 10 via VMware on a Mac and so far it is hit and miss.

    - First program I added (Affiliate Edge) reports stats in 3 separate currency line items, and it reports signups in its "Sales" column rather than new depositors which is obviously wrong for a casino affiliate. Our account is in USD but it reports the same numbers in GBP as well (but zero in EUR) then adds them all together to more than double all the numbers. Update: I later worked out that you can right click on the GBP and EUR rows, then reset them and tell the program not to check them in future.

    - It looks like you have to manually manage exchange rate values to convert from USD to EUR and GBP and vice versa. By default they were set to $1 = €1.4 and $1 = £1.60 which is months out of date.

    - Reporting period resets to "Today" every time you restart the program, so if you want to view monthly for example you have to manually change it every time.

    - Maybe I just can't find it but it doesn't look like there's a "difference" mode where it shows only the change in numbers since the last time you checked. You can set it to display change since -1 day or other periods in the past but since I don't have these numbers, it seems to extrapolate and invent something to display rather than report a change from 0, which is odd. Also it displays both current and previous numbers vertically within the same row instead of just the difference which makes quickly scanning for changes difficult.

    - I can't see a away to export the stats to CSV or XLS or anything else. You can copy and paste the data which I think may give you a tab delimited chunk of text but will have to investigate further.

    - The UI is a mess, even by windows standards. Columns are all minimum width to fit the numbers in them but not the headings so you have to drag and resize them all manually to understand what you are reading. Double clicking a column header or border doesn't auto-size them. The groups tab bar below the list of programs is so small that I can only see less than half of each tab in height. Text using the default font looks inappropriately sized for the rows in the tables, with low case letters like g, p, y cut off at the bottom. It looks like rows don't scale properly with font size but you can change it to Arial or something else to fix. I suspect that some of this may be due to running it on a hi dpi monitor and the program scaling badly but I can only really compare it to the only other windows program I use (Excel) which looks and works fine.

    - Which brings me to no Mac version which isn't ideal but it definitely works using VMware.

    I get the impression that this is another generalist affiliate program stats reporter (like SR was) that doesn't really understand the gambling affiliate market. This niche is crying out for a gambling focused stats program that accurately reports important stuff like deposits, withdrawals, chargebacks, fees, first depositors, number of deposits etc.
    Last edited by Muppet; 8 January 2017 at 7:38 pm.

  9. #107
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 601 Times in 353 Posts

    Default

    yeah thats why i made an easy to do open source one.... as soon as I am caught up ill get back on it, got it working for most programs
    Allfreechips online casino guide offers online casino reviews from our members. Also our exclusive No Deposit casino bonuses are always up to date. See the latest slot machine reviews at Hotslot and exclusive no deposit casino bonuses as well with a good dose of daily online gambling news to learn about pokies

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:

    Muppet (8 January 2017), Online-casinos.co.uk (10 January 2017)

  11. #108
    Muppet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 655 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    Thanks. I downloaded and looked at your code for a bit but its not really what I am after. I don't want to risk leaving affiliate program passwords and statistics on a server in the cloud. Likewise requiring php + web server to run it locally might be ok on my dev machine but its not great for portability.

  12. #109
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    26,789
    Thanks
    1,822
    Thanked 7,655 Times in 4,831 Posts

    Default

    Wow I always thought the best thing about stats remote is because all passwords and usernames were ONLY stored locally.

    I would never even consider a system that stored usernames and passwords in a single placed that YOU don't control.

    Hopefully something can be done.

    Rick
    Universal4

  13. #110
    Muppet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 655 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    You could run allfreechips' code on your own machine at home but you're going to have to set up a web server, php and a database to do it. SR was never great but it did the job well enough to not bother making my own. Now I'm sort of half considering it because after playing with Nifty a bit more it leaves a lot to be desired.

    An update on Nifty - I've tried to add 10 programs starting alphabetically from the top of our list just to test it out (we have over 200 in all):
    - I couldn't find 7 in their database.
    - 3 of 10 fail to fetch stats, the other 7 do get something.
    - 2 report sign ups as sales (instead of FTDs)
    - 1 reports gross revenue as income (instead of actual commission)
    - 1 reports a negative balance and subtracts it from your total income instead of counting it as zero (SR handled this scenario)
    - So essentially 3 out of 10 report accurate stats.

    Another thing I noticed is that all program passwords are viewable in plain text in the UI via the program properties dialog box. Hopefully they are encrypted when stored to disk, but even so, someone shoulder surfing or getting access to your machine while you are away from your desk or by malware/RAT has full view of all your logins and passwords.

  14. #111
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 299 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    It may not be perfect at the moment, but I've been trialing Nifty Stats since last week. I've requested programs and have asked them to fix ones that have been broken and they have responded quickly to my requests. (even working over this last weekend).

    I now have a Beta version to test which will add a field for signups vs new depositors. I suspect that if it works all of the programs will need to be changed to have the new field mapped correctly.

    It's going to take a bit of time but I think they will get there. I think their major issue at the moment will be the deluge of changes they are being asked to make by gambling affiliates.

    I'm going to persevere during the free month period and see how it goes and how they perform before i signup up, but as things look now I'll be doing that.
    www.livecasinocomparer.com - Find and compare the best online Live Casinos

  15. #112
    Spin21 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Going to give Nifty a go. Are usernamers/pws stored locally?

    Has anyone used Adage? Aside from the cost, they seem to be missing quite a few affiliate programs that I use, I guess they have a more powerful system for gambling programs but not too keen with sharing my data with Kax.

  16. #113
    jowel is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    117
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    This is a damn shame. I'm hoping Stats Remote is resurrected but with their secure subdomain certificate expired and their primary domain about to expire on Jan 27 it looks abandoned to me. I looked through the jar file with a hex editor and it looks like development was outsourced to a company called EBS Romania which is now part of another company called NTT Data. Maybe that is a clue for those of you trying to follow up on this.

    I just tried Nifty Stats using Windows 10 via VMware on a Mac and so far it is hit and miss.

    - First program I added (Affiliate Edge) reports stats in 3 separate currency line items, and it reports signups in its "Sales" column rather than new depositors which is obviously wrong for a casino affiliate. Our account is in USD but it reports the same numbers in GBP as well (but zero in EUR) then adds them all together to more than double all the numbers. Update: I later worked out that you can right click on the GBP and EUR rows, then reset them and tell the program not to check them in future.

    - It looks like you have to manually manage exchange rate values to convert from USD to EUR and GBP and vice versa. By default they were set to $1 = €1.4 and $1 = £1.60 which is months out of date.

    - Reporting period resets to "Today" every time you restart the program, so if you want to view monthly for example you have to manually change it every time.

    - Maybe I just can't find it but it doesn't look like there's a "difference" mode where it shows only the change in numbers since the last time you checked. You can set it to display change since -1 day or other periods in the past but since I don't have these numbers, it seems to extrapolate and invent something to display rather than report a change from 0, which is odd. Also it displays both current and previous numbers vertically within the same row instead of just the difference which makes quickly scanning for changes difficult.

    - I can't see a away to export the stats to CSV or XLS or anything else. You can copy and paste the data which I think may give you a tab delimited chunk of text but will have to investigate further.

    - The UI is a mess, even by windows standards. Columns are all minimum width to fit the numbers in them but not the headings so you have to drag and resize them all manually to understand what you are reading. Double clicking a column header or border doesn't auto-size them. The groups tab bar below the list of programs is so small that I can only see less than half of each tab in height. Text using the default font looks inappropriately sized for the rows in the tables, with low case letters like g, p, y cut off at the bottom. It looks like rows don't scale properly with font size but you can change it to Arial or something else to fix. I suspect that some of this may be due to running it on a hi dpi monitor and the program scaling badly but I can only really compare it to the only other windows program I use (Excel) which looks and works fine.

    - Which brings me to no Mac version which isn't ideal but it definitely works using VMware.

    I get the impression that this is another generalist affiliate program stats reporter (like SR was) that doesn't really understand the gambling affiliate market. This niche is crying out for a gambling focused stats program that accurately reports important stuff like deposits, withdrawals, chargebacks, fees, first depositors, number of deposits etc.
    This may not be a problem in Nifty Stats, but in the gambling program. our users use with Nifty Stats with Parralers platform and everything is OK, please write to us what program you can not, fix it as soon as possible. http://niftystats.com/contact-us.php

  17. #114
    jowel is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    117
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    all data ( logins, passwords etc . ) are stored only at your PC.

  18. #115
    Spin21 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    OK great, thks for the update

  19. #116
    uadialej is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yep, there is something wrong. And this is real pity
    No email, no telephone, no skype answer.

  20. #117
    tg12345 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 103 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    I just tried Adge and they don't support Deckmedia, Slots Vendor...Real Vegas Cash...not terribly useful...c'mon Neil, I hope he's okay. Always real responsive when you needed something. This is really strange.

  21. #118
    Muppet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 655 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    Adge is completely out of the question for us for reasons including the cloud storage of usernames/passwords, the ability for the operators to data mine their competitors, and the cost is outrageous. I can't understand why anyone would use it but of course YMMV.

  22. #119
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 853 Times in 507 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    I can't understand why anyone would use it but of course YMMV.
    I share your view partially! I have no problem to know my login in a safety cloud. What should they do? Changing the Skrill account to get a payment? Unlikely!
    My problem is more of a fundamental nature. I don´t like to pay for a service if the counterpart doing the same business.

    And thats for 100% the reason to launch adge.com. Not the "few" bucks BUT the data!

    From the practical view, adge.com is much more sophisticated if it comes to the stats but unfortunately they miss to many brands. And thats tip the scale to me.

  23. #120
    DaveL's Avatar
    DaveL is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    If like me you pay a recurring annual fee via Debit Card, or indeed if you're monthly recurring by credit card, you can cancel the 2CO subscription here: https://2co.com/ - you need your email details and the order number. Bummed, paid for a year back in September, but has been such a good programme over the years.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveL For This Useful Post:

    tg12345 (10 January 2017)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •