Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 153
  1. #1
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default Beware of bad seo company

    Hi all,

    I'd like to warn you all for a malicious seo company.

    Some time ago I wanted to hire a seo/sem company to increase my organic traffic and optimize my adwords campaigns. Since it's a mobile site is, I was looking for a company who specialized in mobile + gambling seo and marketing.

    I came across Veniti Media Ltd. from London (veniti.com) who claimed to do both. After searching the internet for good and bad reviews (none found though) and talking to them by email and phone, I was impressed by their knowledge and their professional approach.

    A 3 months plans was set up by them and after paying the first term (975 GBP) half April, nothing happened. Despite several emails and phonecalls still none of the agreed services is done. The only thing I received were excuses, over and over again.

    So be carefull choosing a seo/sem company and avoid costly mistakes like mine.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to casinoplanet For This Useful Post:

    ALEX777 (25 June 2010), a_1_poker (25 September 2016), BenjaminMarketing (9 April 2012), kazinoportal (30 April 2014), KnightRider (1 November 2010), mattsgame (31 January 2012), Nandakishore (27 June 2010), Pacmanzeus (27 May 2014), pgaming (1 November 2010), rdoroshenko (1 October 2015), sakisarv (11 November 2016), WinYourWayKyle (28 December 2010)

  3. #2
    catchingsmoke is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    I've got to say I'm not surprised, there are an awful lot of cowboys and con artists out there, to me i don't think it makes any sence, I'd rather my company did a good job and we kept the client personally.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to catchingsmoke For This Useful Post:

    casinoplanet (19 June 2010)

  5. #3
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    RSA
    Posts
    1,938
    Thanks
    581
    Thanked 676 Times in 395 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoplanet View Post
    Hi all,

    I'd like to warn you all for a malicious seo company.

    Some time ago I wanted to hire a seo/sem company to increase my organic traffic and optimize my adwords campaigns. Since it's a mobile site is, I was looking for a company who specialized in mobile + gambling seo and marketing.

    I came across Veniti Media Ltd. from London (veniti.com) who claimed to do both. After searching the internet for good and bad reviews (none found though) and talking to them by email and phone, I was impressed by their knowledge and their professional approach.

    A 3 months plans was set up by them and after paying the first term (975 GBP) half April, nothing happened. Despite several emails and phonecalls still none of the agreed services is done. The only thing I received were excuses, over and over again.

    So be carefull choosing a seo/sem company and avoid costly mistakes like mine.
    That is an arwful lot of money that you have lost. You should have rather paid somebody to write some original content for your websites.

  6. #4
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 731 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    One way to safeguard yourself when dealing with larger amounts of money is to setup the agreement with the payment being made into an escrow account which you release as the work is doen to your satisfaction.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doolally For This Useful Post:

    casinoplanet (19 June 2010), sipka (21 June 2010)

  8. #5
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    or go for a short vacation to a warm and sunny country

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixian View Post
    That is an arwful lot of money that you have lost. You should have rather paid somebody to write some original content for your websites.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  9. #6
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    I don't know if even trusted companies accept this method, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the tip!

    Quote Originally Posted by Doolally View Post
    One way to safeguard yourself when dealing with larger amounts of money is to setup the agreement with the payment being made into an escrow account which you release as the work is doen to your satisfaction.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  10. #7
    HBKKH is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 62 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    That sucks. Some of these SEO companies are no better than selling snake oil sales.

  11. #8
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Sorry to hear that, that sucks.
    "CasinoJack"


  12. #9
    ALEX777 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    535
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 76 Times in 64 Posts

    Thumbs down

    Thanks for the heads up.


    ***********************

    And also beware of blackhat SEO companies who will actually can ban or penalize your site.

  13. #10
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Yes it really sucks guys. What bothers me most is the professialism of these guys... they really harm the good guys and there are nearly no options (as far as I know) to file a complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by MediaPlexaKris View Post
    That sucks. Some of these SEO companies are no better than selling snake oil sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    Sorry to hear that, that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALEX777 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.


    ***********************

    And also beware of blackhat SEO companies who will actually can ban or penalize your site.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  14. #11
    catchingsmoke is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    http://www.econsumer.gov/

    I've pmed casino planet this but I though the rest of you should check this, if you read Googles piece on SEO's this is where you should report dodgey companies to, if you're outside the USA that is. Hope that helps anybody that's been screwed over by somebody in our comunity.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catchingsmoke For This Useful Post:

    casinoplanet (27 June 2010), Nandakishore (27 June 2010)

  16. #12
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    I've file a complaint just now and hope it helps somehow...
    Now I'll send a note to PayPal too.

    Thanks for the tip!

    Quote Originally Posted by catchingsmoke View Post
    http://www.econsumer.gov/

    I've pmed casino planet this but I though the rest of you should check this, if you read Googles piece on SEO's this is where you should report dodgey companies to, if you're outside the USA that is. Hope that helps anybody that's been screwed over by somebody in our comunity.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  17. #13
    oc+'s Avatar
    oc+
    oc+ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Posts
    412
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Wooo! That is a lot of money to spend on SEO! I only really outsource link directories submissions, these "experts" charge a fortune for something you could quite easily do yourself if you have the time and are not too lazy.

    Thanks for the heads up though and hopefully no one else will use them!

  18. #14
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    It wasn't only seo but also sem, but still is a lot of money though....

    Quote Originally Posted by oc+ View Post
    Wooo! That is a lot of money to spend on SEO! I only really outsource link directories submissions, these "experts" charge a fortune for something you could quite easily do yourself if you have the time and are not too lazy.

    Thanks for the heads up though and hopefully no one else will use them!
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  19. #15
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I posted in another thread but will post here as well. If your going to hire someone

    1 - Ask for references

    2 - FOLLOW UP WITH THE REFERENCES

    Don't just hire someone based on their word. Don't use their portfolio as a means to validate the company.

    Ask for information.

    Check out the sites they worked on. Were the clients happy? Were there any problems? Was the service provider readily available?

    Would you hire someone to build your house that you don't know. Would you trust your plumber to do the job of the electrician. Probably not - so why would you give your money to someone you don't know online, who you'll likely never meet without asking questions.

    If the company can't answer your questions run as fast as you can and don't look back.

    I didnt see this part in your post so I assumed you didnt do any leg work yourself before hiring them. If you did I apologize but this post should help others.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ck8795 For This Useful Post:

    Jennytaketheworld (16 February 2012)

  21. #16
    gyelloz's Avatar
    gyelloz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Angry

    This stuff makes me sick!! What ever happened to people actually earning money? Nowadays, it seems, everybody is just trying to scam their way to the top.


    Quote Originally Posted by catchingsmoke View Post
    I've got to say I'm not surprised, there are an awful lot of cowboys and con artists out there, to me i don't think it makes any sence, I'd rather my company did a good job and we kept the client personally.
    Exactly!! Why are these people so short-sighted? Sure they can screw over a few people, and make a quick buck, but their reputation has gone to $#!+. After a while no one is going to fall for their shenanigans, and they'll have absolutely no business.

    I guess at that point they will just close up shop, open up under a new name and start scamming all over again.

    Thanks for letting us know about this, casinoplanet.
    www.royal7casinos.com - Online casino reviews, top USA casinos, bonuses, promotions, news, blog, and more!

  22. #17
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I've been through this recently... Initially hired a guy in India for $600/mo - I saw what he was doing (doing what he said) but I essentially got zero benefit from it. After a few months I dumped him and looked for a company stateside. Finally found a company that looked good - and have had a few bumps... just getting the campaign underway now... hoping for good results - times are tough!
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  23. #18
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoplanet View Post
    Hi all,

    I'd like to warn you all for a malicious seo company.

    Some time ago I wanted to hire a seo/sem company to increase my organic traffic and optimize my adwords campaigns. Since it's a mobile site is, I was looking for a company who specialized in mobile + gambling seo and marketing.

    I came across Veniti Media Ltd. from London (veniti.com) who claimed to do both. After searching the internet for good and bad reviews (none found though) and talking to them by email and phone, I was impressed by their knowledge and their professional approach.

    A 3 months plans was set up by them and after paying the first term (975 GBP) half April, nothing happened. Despite several emails and phonecalls still none of the agreed services is done. The only thing I received were excuses, over and over again.

    So be carefull choosing a seo/sem company and avoid costly mistakes like mine.
    i'd get down their office if I was you and take some big mates, funny that the address on the website is not the registered one either

  24. #19
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    If only there was some software / server that allowed you total control of your own SEO, that could monitor every link you purchased or traded, and allow you to control you own destiny.....

    Coming soon
    "CasinoJack"


  25. #20
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 120 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    You're right Kaus, I should have done that. Unfortunately I was so naive thinking googeling for bad reviews would be enough.

    An expensive lesson learned........

    Quote Originally Posted by kaus View Post
    I posted in another thread but will post here as well. If your going to hire someone

    1 - Ask for references

    2 - FOLLOW UP WITH THE REFERENCES

    Don't just hire someone based on their word. Don't use their portfolio as a means to validate the company.

    Ask for information.

    Check out the sites they worked on. Were the clients happy? Were there any problems? Was the service provider readily available?

    Would you hire someone to build your house that you don't know. Would you trust your plumber to do the job of the electrician. Probably not - so why would you give your money to someone you don't know online, who you'll likely never meet without asking questions.

    If the company can't answer your questions run as fast as you can and don't look back.

    I didnt see this part in your post so I assumed you didnt do any leg work yourself before hiring them. If you did I apologize but this post should help others.
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •