Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: Paddy Power

  1. #41
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    But what isn't fair is this sentence from PP. Now is this clearly stated somewhere in their T&C's.

    If you can generate 20 or 30 accounts like that one in the next couple of months, we’ll be happy to reward you with cross-product commission.
    ?

    greek39

  2. #42
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    greek39 if they do not offer something as standard whatever that is then i see no harm in them offering it as an incentive.

    As an example Bet365 do negative carryover, that is not standard, most European books dont have a negative carry over and we can critisize Bet365 all we want for that but the bottom line is they do negative carry over.

    Now if they get an affiliate that is sending X amount of active sign ups per month they may offer that affiliate no negative carry over.

    Its an incentive nothing more.

    Again how Paddys operate is how they operate it is up to the affiliate to choose if they want to do business wiith them.
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Betpartners For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (6 October 2009)

  4. #43
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    1,943
    Thanked 4,206 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Default

    Greek, That looks like the program rewarding what they consider to be a "super-affiliate" and offering better incentives. Again what makes that "predatory"?

    This happens all the time doesn't it?
    EG :
    - Better rev-share % or CPA deals,
    - free gifts and/or trips
    - higher bonus offers to provide new players

    All affiliates are not treated equally - larger affiliates do get better deals - and looking at that line from PaddyPower I might have to have a word about getting a bump myself ...


    But it does not change the basic premise - the contract lays out what is on offer. Affiliates must read it BEFORE agreeing to it.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (6 October 2009)

  6. #44
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    looks like the program rewarding what they consider to be a "super-affiliate" and offering better incentives.
    But why isn't this hidden agreement in the T&C's? Obviously because it is hidden. Well... I understand what you are saying gooner and does make sense.

    But I still think Bear should be paid.

    greek39

  7. #45
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    But it does not change the basic premise - the contract lays out what is on offer. Affiliates must read it BEFORE agreeing to it.
    Yip.

    Same as Grand Privè.

    I don't recall anyone defending them overly strongly.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Caruso For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (6 October 2009)

  9. #46
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    The whole arguament here seems to be going off in a tangent.

    Now we have affiliates calling up other affiliates.

    The bottom line is the terms and the fairness as much as anything.

    I personally do not read the terms as the cross promotion not being paid.

    If they are then that is because they are 4 seperate properties, if this is the case why is the sign up 1?

    Cross promotion should be accross the board, always! Its not as if we are requiring cross promotion of a tailors and a car parts website. We are after cross promotion of 4 similiar gambling sites in this instance.

    Its just another way of being predatory in my opinion.

    Now i know that most of what i have said above is nieve and will never be the case, however, there is no harm in wanting fairness.

    Other than that, and this is aimed at Gooner (no offence meant btw) but surely being abrasive and belittling people in response to them looking for a fair crack is not the best way forward. Inadvertently supporting the ways of these people that are taking the **** will not help any of us in the long run!

    Giving in and accepting that programs will indeed take the **** will simply lead more to do so!

    Why?

    Because people are starting to accept it as the norm!
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  10. #47
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    1,943
    Thanked 4,206 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by greek39 View Post
    But why isn't this hidden agreement in the T&C's? Obviously because it is hidden. Well... I understand what you are saying gooner and does make sense.

    But I still think Bear should be paid.

    greek39
    I think that cross-channel could be more clearly laid out and explicitly and clearly stated (after all most affiliates are REALLY REALLY interested in payment t&cs) and I'll fire an email to PaddyPower to take a look at this thread - and suggesting that they re-write the section to be clear.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (6 October 2009)

  12. #48
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    1,943
    Thanked 4,206 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
    Other than that, and this is aimed at Gooner (no offence meant btw) but surely being abrasive and belittling people in response to them looking for a fair crack is not the best way forward.
    No offense taken Chalkie - and I tried very hard to not belittle or abuse - you should have read my first three or four drafts of that piece ! That final version was downright chummy ..


    But if the GPWA is going to be full of threads where affiliates say "I don't like the contract that I accepted when I joined up" ... then that will generate a lot of negative and ultimately pointless threads ... and pillor a program that is streets ahead of most programs available online in this market.

    But as you say perhaps I should bow out of this discussion ... and let the thread take it's natural course.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (6 October 2009)

  14. #49
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    No offense taken Chalkie - and I tried very hard to not belittle or abuse - you should have read my first three or four drafts of that piece ! That final version was downright chummy ..


    But if the GPWA is going to be full of threads where affiliates say "I don't like the contract that I accepted when I joined up" ... then that will generate a lot of negative and ultimately pointless threads ... and pillor a program that is streets ahead of most programs available online in this market.

    But as you say perhaps I should bow out of this discussion ... and let the thread take it's natural course.
    No, you should not bow out at all!

    I can see where you are coming from, of course i can.

    The only point i would make is that these programs should make the terms clear as there are plenty of people who will not understand the be all and end of what they are saying.

    Christ, i cannot 100% work out whether they are saying no cross promotion or not and i have read and read them. What chance has some poor guy new to the game got?

    Imagine Mr Newbie linking his casino site to the poker site at paddy cos he might like the poker banner more? All he would be doing is sending traffic FOC for paddy. (slight overkill but you know what i mean.)
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  15. #50
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Yip.

    Same as Grand Privè.

    I don't recall anyone defending them overly strongly.
    Absolutely nothing like Grand Prive and to suggest so just detracts from the facts of the case.

    The whole discussion becomes futile when these sort of comparisons start.
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  16. #51
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post

    The only point i would make is that these programs should make the terms clear as there are plenty of people who will not understand the be all and end of what they are saying.

    Christ, i cannot 100% work out whether they are saying no cross promotion or not and i have read and read them. What chance has some poor guy new to the game got?
    Then all you got to do is ask them mate, seek clarification as you would in any other contract signing.

    It does no harm to send an email off, in fact it would test their response times.
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Betpartners For This Useful Post:

    Chalkie (6 October 2009)

  18. #52
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,182
    Thanks
    860
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 1,730 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    Here we go again.

    Another program falling silent to us. What is so difficult in responding? Why has the GPWA not contacted PP and asked them to respond to a player issue? This crap is getting old VERY QUICKLY!

    If you are a sponsor, you should have the duty to interact with and be somewhat active here.


    Someone needs to grow a set of ....
    We will try to let Paddy Power know about this thread and hopefully they will respond. However, I would like to point out that they are not currently a GPWA sponsor program so we do not have a formal affiliate program representative contact point there right now nor have they agreed they will respond to issues raised here.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot

    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  19. #53
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    Absolutely nothing like Grand Prive and to suggest so just detracts from the facts of the case.
    In fact, it's essentially identical.

    Paddy has an unfair term (as I understand it, I haven't read it for myself) which says you only get paid for whichever brand you signed up to, NOT to all Paddy brands.

    Grand Privè had an unfair term which said they can terminate the agreement at any time with no commissions owed going forward.

    The question is, unfair terms and nothing else.

    The only difference is, with Grand Privè it was almost everyone, and with Paddy I'm guessing it's just this one poor fellow.

    If and when Paddy start pulling stunts on everyone, I'm guessing the outrage will grow.

    (And on a sidenote: this is why no affiliate union will ever succeed.)

  20. #54
    Betpartners's Avatar
    Betpartners is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 784 Times in 419 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    In fact, it's essentially identical.

    Paddy has an unfair term (as I understand it, I haven't read it for myself) which says you only get paid for whichever brand you signed up to, NOT to all Paddy brands.

    Grand Privè had an unfair term which said they can terminate the agreement at any time with no commissions owed going forward.

    The question is, unfair terms and nothing else.

    The only difference is, with Grand Privè it was almost everyone, and with Paddy I'm guessing it's just this one poor fellow.

    If and when Paddy start pulling stunts on everyone, I'm guessing the outrage will grow.

    (And on a sidenote: this is why no affiliate union will ever succeed.)
    Well i naturally disagree with respect

    For starters the affiliate if he believes the terms are unfair does not have to sign up to that program.

    Affiliates have to take responsibility for their own actions or lack of.

    What Grand Prive did was to break its contract, it publicly said all over the place players for life, then reneged.

    Paddy Power have not said all over the place cross platforms, in fact they say the opposite.

    Like i said if someone belives that terms are unfair then they can take it up with AGD or simply not join the program.

    Their is an abundance of good Euro sportbook affiliate programs and affiliates have a great choice.

    It is when the terms are changed or made up as they go along that is the issue.

    In this case the terms are there, albeit i do admit as i said much earlier in this thread they are vague.

    And when that happens just ask the program for clarification

    Surely you agree Caruso that affiliates have a certain responsibility to check the terms before they sign up to a program?
    Arthritis Care

    To find true bravery and courage all one need do is look in to the eyes of a sick child - A humble parent

  21. #55
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 672 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    I've emailed Fintan, my last contact at Paddy Partners, to encourage him to respond to the concerns raised in this thread.
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to CityGuard For This Useful Post:

    Chips (6 October 2009)

  23. #56
    Chalkie's Avatar
    Chalkie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    West Bromwich UK
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 580 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Whilst we are all off on one here, has anyone considered the fact the Bear has not been back since he went to them with the ideas we offered?

    Perhaps they have paid him, perhaps there terms do allow cross promotion!

    Perhaps it all good!
    Paul

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union


    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

    Winston Churchill

    Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason

  24. #57
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    We will try to let Paddy Power know about this thread and hopefully they will respond. However, I would like to point out that they are not currently a GPWA sponsor program so we do not have a formal affiliate program representative contact point there right now nor have they agreed they will respond to issues raised here.

    Michael
    My apologies in referring them as to being a sponsor. Just really getting sick of all this poop.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  25. #58
    antwong is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi all,


    Thank you for all your comments.

    We’ve taken all your comments on board and hope to resolve the issue with Bear asap. However, if you have any further queries regarding our commission structures, please do not hesitate to call or email to us via the details on our Contact us page.


    Regards,

    Anthony Wong
    Affiliate Manager, Paddy Power

  26. #59
    DonSharp is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Interesting thread, when I sign up to a new program I do a thorough audit of the program as everyone has different T&C's

    Some of the things I check include, negative rollover, cross product commission, sign-up offers, minimum player requirements, good affiliate managers, reliable payments, stats, range of creative and sizes, termination clauses, tracking, landing pages etc etc etc

    Overall PP are good guys to deal with and the non-standard cross product commission as standard is the only noticeable negative.

    However, its not standard in a lot of places off the top of my head Ladbrokes, Bwin and Boyle Sports all do not pay cross product to new affiliates. Then you have say the likes of betfair who stop paying commission on exchange customers after 12 months. You have the willl-hill/aff utd boiler room we are going to screw you vibe going on. Bet365 carry over negative balances and have minimum player requirements. Then you have the programs who on paper seem really good, but then when you see what they apply as "deductions" you see how they make it back. So I have yet to find the perfect prorgam

    However, like all these things, if you do your homework and know how each operator works you can best decide your strategies and you can put together items for negoiation

    At least PP where honest in their explanations, I've had a few aff managers lie through their teeth to me this week and it seriously pisses me off.

    Anyway, enough of my ramble, a quick question for the OP did your referred player actually overall win or lose as you only mention deposits?

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to DonSharp For This Useful Post:

    joeyl (7 October 2009)

  28. #60
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Betpartners View Post
    What Grand Prive did was to break its contract, it publicly said all over the place players for life, then reneged.
    The only terms I saw are the ones posted by AGD, and they state only that the contract may be closed by either party with no funds owed going forward. On THIS basis, GP broke no rules.

    If there are links to, or screenshots of, GP terms which specifically state otherwise, I'd happily reconsider my opinion.

    I would like to hear from PaddyPower why they think it is acceptable under any circumstances for an affiliate to not be paid for a player who only found out about PaddyPower from that particular affiliate's website. "We're revisiting the situation after getting trashed on a prominent affiliate forum" is not an acceptable answer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •