Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 220
  1. #21
    joeyl's Avatar
    joeyl is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 140 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    Something i posted at PAL.

    This is a great time to have a mediator really step in and offer a peace accord.

    I think we need to find someone independent who has no relationship with either side and have a sit down between all the parties involved.

    All of this should be done behind closed doors with written agreements from all parties that no abusive behaviour will happen.

    Some form of resolution needs to happen here. There is no need for them to work together but for the respect of the industry and us affiliates who generate their income with our traffic I think we are owed this.

    For the betterment of this industry and to keep things in good spirits a sit down should happen. Nothing should publicly be posted until the sit down is complete.

    Its time to show the gambling affiliate world that despite differences we can still act like peaceful human beings.

    Steve
    Such a solution would suit whoever the bad guys are the most.

    One could argue it's borderline appeasement.

  2. #22
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Unconfirmed reader comment on g911:

    He's just a kid!
    Steve wasn't even doing anything, just standing there. He wasn't accosting anyone from the conference. He was in the lobby, a public area that was not part of the conference. CAP had 4 guys literally beat Steve up in the lobby. They were pushing him, kneeing him, he fell. They threw him into the elevator. Some people were taking photos of it. Steve is just a kid. He can't be more than 2 years out of school. He's harmless! Everyone in the lobby at the conference saw it. It was disgusting. Some of the programs exhibiting saw it and were furious.
    Submitted by Guest on Fri, 01/30/2009 - 17:32. reply
    Should this be confirmed, which it is not, there would be no end to the furor. There seem to be photos so we'll see. As an affilate and a parent I hope and pray it is not as bad as it appears.

    http://www.gambling911.com/gambling-...on-013009.html

  3. #23
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Can anyone confirm this to be true?

    CAP had 4 guys literally beat Steve up in the lobby.
    I would be very interested in knowing.

    greek39

  4. #24
    Caruso is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 409 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    I would be surprised if there wasn't some hyperbole in that report. But then, I was surprised to read the Cardspike / CAP contract.

    And while not to wanting to be seen as encouraging pistols at ten paces, this "let's settle it in private" talk seems to completely miss the point. What is there to "settle"? Facts have been aired. Should it be a case of "I won't publish the truth about you if you won't publish the truth about me"?

    What about "transparency"? Is that a dirty word?

    I think the transparency achieved over the last two weeks has been useful and eye-opening to all. I don't want gentlemen's agreements to sweep it under the carpet. I want to know.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caruso For This Useful Post:

    Schankwart (30 January 2009)

  6. #25
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline Affiliate Services
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,027
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,021
    Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,738 Posts

    Default

    I just got off the phone with JTodd, he confirms this.
    They were rough with Steven, this was after Steven was told he could be in the lobby.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Unconfirmed reader comment on g911:



    Should this be confirmed, which it is not, there would be no end to the furor. There seem to be photos so we'll see. As an affilate and a parent I hope and pray it is not as bad as it appears.

    http://www.gambling911.com/gambling-...on-013009.html
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  7. #26
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Anthony I hope Steve is okay.

    Not sure where to go from here? clearly something must be done.

    greek39

  8. #27
    hazo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Unconfirmed reader comment on g911:

    He's just a kid!
    Steve wasn't even doing anything, just standing there. He wasn't accosting anyone from the conference. He was in the lobby, a public area that was not part of the conference. CAP had 4 guys literally beat Steve up in the lobby. They were pushing him, kneeing him, he fell. They threw him into the elevator. Some people were taking photos of it. Steve is just a kid. He can't be more than 2 years out of school. He's harmless! Everyone in the lobby at the conference saw it. It was disgusting. Some of the programs exhibiting saw it and were furious.
    Submitted by Guest on Fri, 01/30/2009 - 17:32. reply

    Should this be confirmed, which it is not, there would be no end to the furor. There seem to be photos so we'll see. As an affilate and a parent I hope and pray it is not as bad as it appears.

    This is pretty insane. I hope all gaming operators take a serious look at who they're dealing with in the future and the implications it will have on their business.

  9. #28
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Stunned and beyond angry. So sorry this happened to you Steven! I am relieved you are ok. I think it's safe to say not one of us would have ever seen this coming. Now about that raise Dad..

    Not sure where to go from here? clearly something must be done.
    Indeed. Not sure Greek since this is unprecedented. Getting ready to stand in the rogue/boycott line upon further instruction and detail.

  10. #29
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    I suppose drastic actions call for drastic measures. Cap IMO is a renegade/roguish plate of rubbish.

    The one man wonder. Good thing this did not happen in Cyprus!

    greek39

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to pgaming For This Useful Post:

    TheGamblingGuru (30 January 2009)

  12. #30
    stemat is offline Former Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2005
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    WOW, Totally discusting.
    Hope steven is ok

  13. #31
    arkyt's Avatar
    arkyt is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Posts
    1,504
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 235 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    This is a great time to have a mediator really step in and offer a peace accord.
    I 100% disagree - this is NOT a time to say we accept your appology and we can forget everything youve done to date - NOT EVEN CLOSE! This is a time to send CAP a message that we, as an industry, are sick and tired of the BS - its time to send CAP packing out of the business for good!

    I just hope this isnt some grand scheme to make it appear they have a reason to expel Lou and then get on with things like nothing ever happened.
    Last edited by arkyt; 30 January 2009 at 7:29 pm.

  14. #32
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

    Default

    Just a quick post before all the rumors hit:

    Casinomeister was nowhere near the incident.

    What I saw:

    Steve (Michael Corfman's son) was forcibly escorted from the lobby of the hotel by hotel security guards.

    Lateron I spoke to Michael, Steve and Jtodd in the lobby of the same Hotel. Everyone is unharmed but shook up.

    Michael told me that they had had a meeting with the event organizer and Warren.

    Jtodd told me that Lou asked him to step outside with him to "settle this like men".

    No one is injured.

    There are tons of rumors floating around. To correct some of them before they hit here:

    No one was beaten up.

    No one punched me out or even quarrelled with me at all.

    Lou is not dead.


    Ok, it's been a long day and it's 1 am here and I am going to bed.

  15. #33
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for your reply in regards to my post. I also agree this was a disgrace and i feel so bad for Steven. I love GPWA its my home. I have been here everyday posting and reading almost every thread. My loyalities are always going to be with GPWA and i support them all the way.

    All i was suggesting was that all this anger is hurting us. Anger only leads to more anger and its never ending. I am not saying sweep it under the rug, or shake hands and forget about it..no way.

    I want to know the truth, and want someone to be held accountable yes i do for sure..

    But all this anger and speculation about what should happen is not in my opinion helpful for the "INDUSTRY"

    There has to be some sort of cool down period in my opinion where things can be settled a bit..

    Our jobs our to promote gambling online, and help customers have a positive gaming experience....

    With all this going on, were losing in this area by totally spending all our energy on this.

    I do hope someone is held accountable for what happened today and it surely needs to be done.

    There is much deep rooted anger and resentment going on that nothing positive can happen and us as affiliates are fueling the fire even worse.

    Perhaps if we stepped back a bit, and not get so angry things could settle quicker and humanely..

    I really hope this all ends soon!!

    Steve




    Quote Originally Posted by arkyt View Post
    I 100% disagree - this is NOT a time to say we accept your appology and we can forget everything youve done to date - NOT EVEN CLOSE! This is a time to send CAP a message that we, as an industry, are sick and tired of the BS - its time to send CAP packing out of the business for good!

    I just hope this isnt some grand scheme to make it appear they have a reason to expel Lou and then get on with things like nothing ever happened.


  16. #34
    Spearmaster is offline In Memoriam, 1964-2010
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    1,993
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 141 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Update first... please Some of us would like to sleep peacefully... not letting us know what happened is sheer cruelty...


    Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    Just a quick post before all the rumors hit:

    Casinomeister was nowhere near the incident.

    What I saw:

    Steve (Michael Corfman's son) was forcibly escorted from the lobby of the hotel by hotel security guards.

    Lateron I spoke to Michael, Steve and Jtodd in the lobby of the same Hotel. Everyone is unharmed but shook up.

    Michael told me that they had had a meeting with the event organizer and Warren.

    Jtodd told me that Lou asked him to step outside with him to "settle this like men".

    No one is injured.

    There are tons of rumors floating around. To correct some of them before they hit here:

    No one was beaten up.

    No one punched me out or even quarrelled with me at all.

    Lou is not dead.


    Ok, it's been a long day and it's 1 am here and I am going to bed.

  17. #35
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    Agreed. Meanwhile in Bath we had a very pleasant evening, great food and great company.
    Exit stage left

  18. #36
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

    Default

    There is nothing to update. Everyone went their own way, had dinner and if there are any updates tomorrow I will pop in.

  19. #37
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    1,965
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 991 Times in 606 Posts

    Default

    who said casinomeister was there?Glad you are safe Dom ,But where is steve sleeping tonight?was he a hotel guest or just popped in for a meeting?

  20. #38
    Spearmaster is offline In Memoriam, 1964-2010
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    1,993
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 141 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    who said casinomeister was there?Glad you are safe Dom ,But where is steve sleeping tonight?was he a hotel guest or just popped in for a meeting?
    Steven and Michael are hotel guests and should not have been ejected from a public area.

    Casinomeister, Simmo & I are not at the conference - we left in the morning after a few meetings and Webzcas joined us in the evening.

  21. #39
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    I'm sure Michael will be around sometime to update us with the facts.

    I never heard those 'rumors'.

  22. #40
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    1,965
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 991 Times in 606 Posts

    Default

    GFPC ,
    I live in Toronto ,we should get together for lunch sometime.You seem like a nice person and probably you would try to settle all your disagreements over a nice cup of tea and a chat but I think this situation is beyond this point.

    Last week all of CAP was practically crying to leave Lou alone and he has health problems -myself included on that list.But if he is in London asking for a physical fight then I think much of the last week has been just Bullcrap.
    I think this has gotten to a point where people have to make decisions for themselves where they want to be nd what they want to represent to this industry..

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •